Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Spotting for the first time..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spotting for the first time..
bombwuurdd
Neophyte
Member # 108209

Icon 5 posted      Profile for bombwuurdd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been on the Nuvaring for a very long time now. Last week on Monday i removed the ring and had a normal period, but was unable to replace the ring with a new one, because the last one i had disconnected.

So on Wednesday this week i went ahead and got prescribed more rings. I still haven't put one in, because im so use to having to change and remove them on Monday and i don't want to get confused or forget about it.

Thursday, during the middle of the day, i went to the restroom, and there was some very light blood. Which has never happened before, after a while it stopped, but late in the afternoon I got dark bleeding not much just a bit. I have never had spotting? is that what this is?

I did have sex twice during this week, i have been with the same partner over two years now and we both are clean. I feel confused and somewhat worried why im bleeding.

I just want to have some idea of why this is happening, since it is the first time im having bleeding after a week of my menstrual.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bombwuurdd and Welcome to Scarleteen,

Since your body is used to the routine of you putting your ring back in right away, it's possible that the hormonal shifts that are occurring since you did not do so resulted in this spotting.

Be aware that since you took a break from the ring (that is, didn't put it back in right away after your seven days off) you'll want to use a back-up method of birth control for at least the first week of using it again. we usually suggest using a back-up method of birth control for the entire first cycle when starting the ring for the first time, or starting it again after a break.

I think you're saying that both you and your partner have tested negative for STIs, correct? "Clean" really isn't an accurate or respectful term, as it implies that people with STIs are dirty, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Here's some more information on the Nuvaring:

the Vaginal Ring (Nuvaring)

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.