Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » How can I make masturbating less gross??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How can I make masturbating less gross??
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 9 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone, first post so idk if this belongs here, but the sight of semen after i masturbate is very nauseating to me
I dont like cleaning it up so i have resorted to taking a piece of saran wrap, putting it over a screwdriver, taping it, and covering my penis with it so it catches the semen, but i can see through it
Also, i use lotion as a lubricant but the lotion absorbs into my skin and is hard to get off and leaves a gross residue
Anyone have any tips??
Thanx [Smile]

--------------------
It is my hope that what i ask here is answered for me and anyone else afraid to ask the same question :)

Posts: 133 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can I ask why you're using that saran wrap configuration instead of a condom, which is designed to safely and comfortably contain semen?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im just masturbating by myself, why do i need something like that when there is no fluid exchange between 2 people? Its only my own fluid but i find it gross to look at

--------------------
It is my hope that what i ask here is answered for me and anyone else afraid to ask the same question :)

Posts: 133 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Umm, because you're asking for ideas on how to contain your semen well, and so I suggested a device that's been not only made precisely to do that, but refined over time to be the easiest, most comfortable method OF doing that?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see
Where can i get one and how do i do this without my mom knowing? She doesnt need to know about my masturbation habits

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Condoms can be purchased at any pharmacy, at mega-stores like target, at gas stations or convenience stores.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Ok i will get a few next time im out
Are they always clear or can they be colored or covered with black duct tape or something so i dont have to see whats in them??

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Condoms come in clear but they also come in an array of colors, including black.

Really, doing something like duct-taping your penis isn't a sound move when it comes to your safety, just like having a screwdriver affixed to your penis in some way isn't.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

I think u misunderstood my first post
I use the screwdriver as a mold
I fit the wrap around the screwdriver so its the shape of a condom (closest shape i can find to a penis) then i remove the saran wrap, put in some lotion, then put it over my penis
The screwdriver is completely out of the picture by this point

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

So, you're trying to make a condom, basically. [Smile]

But the good news is, there are MANY condoms already made for you, and made much better, which will both work better and be far more comfortable.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Ok
A few more simple questions
1: can condoms be reused??
2: can condoms be bought by anyone and paid for at self checkout??
3: what would you suggest i use as a lubricant??

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Condoms should not be reused, no, because they can harbor bacteria.

Condoms can be bought by anyone. Some stores have them on the shelf, so you can use a self-checkout, others keep them behind the counter.

For masturbation, you really can use almost anything that's okay to be on your skin as a lubricant you like. Lubricants made for sexual purposes (which can be purchased where you'd find condoms) usually work the best, however.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Ok thanx for the info [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Sure thing. [Smile]

I'm also happy to talk with you, if you like, about becoming more comfortable with your body in this respect.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

That might help
Cause ive almost puked before if ive masturbated with 2 pillows stacked and didnt use anything, cleaning it up is the grosest part
I cant eat vanilla yogurt anymore or white frosting because of how much semen grosses me out, especially when it changes texture (which i read is normal)

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Why do you think -- if you have any ideas -- you feel this way about it?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Well the whiteness and texture of the yogurt and frosting remind me of semen and i dont want to eat semen
Bodily fluids, except urine and feces, have always grossed me out
Ive always had the issue of finding something that resembles something gross hard to eat, i once, when i was 10, couldnt eat a piece of toast with peanut butter on it cause it was the same color as a mummy in a book i was just reading
Ive been very grossed out by once when my late grandfather had a skin infection from picking it too much, and the infected fluid was all over his pillow and i was forced to make his bed, if i had eaten anything i wouldve thrown it back up
But im grossed out by bodily fluids for some reason

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Do you have any sense of why you aren't grossed out by urine and feces, but are by something like semen (or, I presume, blood or mucus, since you didn't mention them)?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

I used to be very grossed out by blood, but ive kinda gotten over that
Im so grossed out by mucos, since my father (who is now divorced from my mom) who was physically abusive to me and my grandfather (who really wasnt that abusive but has hit me when i was in elementary school) who is now dead both had mucous problems and spit mucous out into sinks and bins and tubs and once on an animal cage in front of us (no discretion) and it was really gross
When i was little my parents used to hold me down and use tweezers to forcibly renove boogers from my nose too, which is likely why i dont ever blow my nose
Im so used to urine and feces and i actually find them funny to refer to
Im also grossed out by vomit because when i vomit it comes out of my mouth and all my sinuses, including my nose and a few drops from my tearglands and the acid burns!!

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

So, it sounds like a lot of this is probably about post-trauma due to abuse, since body fluids seem to have been a big part of some of your abusive upbringing.

Have you ever had any long-term counseling to help you heal from the abuse, and perhaps also help you deal with issues like this, and the social issues you mentioned in another thread?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

I have
I was in therapy for like 2 years and got much better socially but then crap happened and i was stuck caring for an old person when i was just 15, which isnt something a teenager should be made to do, and this made me socially isolated so i never got the chance to practice the new social skills (i finished therapy like a month before this happened) so i lost many of the skills
Practice makes perfect and u lose whatever skills u dont use, which is kinda what happened to me, but high schoolers are more tolerant of differences and i dont get bullied in high school (middle school was a different story) so idk if im fine or in turmoil right now [Frown]

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Well, we don't all have the same experiences growing up: for plenty of young people around the world, adolescence includes things like caring for family members.

I'm sorry, though, that that resulted in social isolation for you. Perhaps you might be able to pick things back up with your therapist, or just have a couple visits to get some help with this?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Im thinking if emailing my therapist but a few months ago she sent my mom an email asking for $$ so idk if it was a virus on her pc or if shes starting a scam
My guidance counseler helps me with some issues but she takes a more emotional approach while my therapist used a more human behavior approach and i responded to that better since im slightly misanthropic and see humans as just another species, of which i am an individual of

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

You know, I don't see any reason not to email your therapist, just to find out if they can be of help. The worst they can say is no.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Very true
She wont tell my mom if i email her right??

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

That would not be typical, no.

Most commonly, the privacy ethics a therapist follows with teens is to only share something with parents you didn't give them permission to if they feel you are at risk of harming yourself or others, or if you have already done either of those things.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

So if i emailed her and asked her not to tell my mom about me emailing her and i dont say im gonna hurt myself or someone else, she cant tell my mom??
Idk if she works with any psychosexual issues, shes mainly psychosocial [Wink]

--------------------

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's right, yep. And even if she doesn't specialize in issues around sexuality, she'll still likely be able to give you some help, or refer you to someone who will be able to help you better.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Ok thanx for all the help
I will contact her this weekend

--------------------

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're really concerned, you could ask what her privacy policies are before you discuss anything else with her. But I agree with Heather that it's most likely that her policy is not to disclose any information to parents unless you're presenting a serious harm risk.
Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LissaCroft
Neophyte
Member # 109485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LissaCroft     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes the good news is, there are condoms already made for you, and made much better, which will both work better and be far more comfortable.
Posts: 5 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LissaCroft
Neophyte
Member # 109485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LissaCroft     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Condoms can be purchased at any pharmacy, at mega-stores like target, at gas stations or convenience stores.
Posts: 5 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.