Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Am i pregnant? Will my infection come back?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am i pregnant? Will my infection come back?
Speedy5
Neophyte
Member # 108079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Speedy5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! Just about 2weeks ago i took antibiotics for a uti i had from sexually activity( protected) however before that on June 24 or 25 i took plan B one step just in case before i took the antibiotics. About 4 days ago i got fingered pretty hard and i went to the bathroom and i saw blood i was bleeding from my vagina like where youd get your period. I wasnt due until today(27th) the blood was brown and red i washed myself to clean everything to prevent another infection i cleaned my private area 3 times. I slid a tampon in but as i did it stung a little when i did that for about 2 days then it stopped. The blood flow became a little heavy now its very light. I took a pregnancy test yesterday it read negative. Should i take one today or tomorrow? Could i be pregnant? Was this my period or was i cut? Will my previous infection come back?

--------------------
Aniyah

Posts: 1 | From: New york | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi Aniyah and welcome to Scarleteen,

It's not possible for anyone to say whether you got a cut, scratch, or other injury from the fingering without examining you or to say exactly what this bleeding is.

however, it may be your period even though you weren't expecting it at the time the bleeding started. One of the side effects many people experience after taking plan B is a change to their menstrual cycle. This change can last for a few months and can show up as periods that come later or earlier than usual, missed periods, or spotting between periods.

When you say that you engaged in protected sex, are you talking about intercourse while using some kind of birth control such as condoms?

Here's some information about pregnancy testing, including when to test to get an accurate result.

Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.