Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Sleep paranoia(sex related) and discharge question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sleep paranoia(sex related) and discharge question
Mimiko
Neophyte
Member # 106877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimiko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello scarleteen! so here is my story,

I went with my cousin on an outing, with her uncle and family, and I kinda have a sleep paranoia whereas I think that men can enter the room and like abuse me (have sex) while i'm sleeping and I've woken up with my lower part hurting but It went away 30 minutes after waking up

so just to shut myself up, I decided to ask you guys [Smile]

Is it like possible to not wake up when somebody tries to take advantage of you?

and if it is likely, how will you know, I mean, if your private part will hurt, for how long?

and on the discharge question,
I'm having this creamy, stretchy discharge after ovulation, is this normal and what may be the cause?

thank you scarleteen! [Smile]

--------------------
Recovering :)

Posts: 17 | From: Philippines | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mimiko,

i'd first like to check in with you about whether this paranoia is new, or whether you've had it for a while. have you gotten any help with it from a counselor?

While I can't speak to every single possible situation and every person's experience and I can't say what did or didn't happen because I wasn't there, it would be unlikely for someone to sleep through any sort of prolonged physical contact, whether it was sexual in nature or not, unless they had taken any sort of medication that caused them to sleep more deeply than average sleep. in other words, I think it's likely that you'd wake up if something was happening to your body, particularly something as involved and invasive as someone violating your body.

When you say that your lower part was sore, i'm not really sure what you mean. Do you mean your genitals, or your abdomen, or your legs, or something else?

here's some information on discharges that should answer your last question. [Smile]

Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions

Get With the Flow: All About FAM

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimiko
Neophyte
Member # 106877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimiko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robin,

thanks!
I've had it for a while but my parents or anybody doesn't really know about it.

and the lower part is my genital, It went away quickly after peeing so do you think it's because of the pee?

thanks for answering [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 17 | From: Philippines | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes when we have to urinate, that pressure can feel like pain.

How long is a while? That is, are we talking about weeks, months, years that you've had this fear?

if you've had these fears for a while, it sounds like it might be time to tell someone and get some help with them. What do you think? Do you have an adult, maybe a parent, or a doctor, or another relative, you feel comfortable confiding in?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimiko
Neophyte
Member # 106877

6 months to be precise and no, I feel scared talking to them [Frown]

--------------------

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Six months is a long time for a fear to hang on. Usually once it's been around that long, it really needs some professional help to help it release its hold on a person.

What scares you about asking someone for help? Who in your life would you be most likely to talk about things in general, even if you feel like you couldn't talk about this specifically?

--------------------
Robin

Mimiko
Neophyte
Member # 106877

well because my parents are really strict and I'm not scared of them, just afraid to open up to them. I can talk to a friend a few of them but I don't think I'm ready to share it with anyone I know, I kind of prefer to share it with someone that I don't know

--------------------

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Hi Mimiko,

It sounds like you're still having this fear.

Do you have a doctor or other healthcare provider you see regularly? If so, what do you think about talking to them about this? You'd be talking to someone who doesn't know you very well, and someone who could help you find some counseling.

--------------------
Robin

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.