Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Missed pill? Unsure what to do.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Missed pill? Unsure what to do.
Bookworm93
Neophyte
Member # 47223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bookworm93     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!

So I know that when one misses a pill, it is best to take it as soon as you remember. I am less sure, though, what to do if you worry the pill did not make it into your system. I took my pill as scheduled but then had really bad indigestion about 2.5 hours after taking the pill. Am I worrying over nothing or should I consider this pill missed? If it is missed, what would be the proper thing to do? I already use the pill and my boyfriend pulls out, but should we also use condoms for the rest of this pill cycle?

Thanks!

P.S. I am on Junel Fe if that helps.

[ 07-16-2013, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Bookworm93 ]

Posts: 14 | From: USA | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think your best bet is to call your doctor or pharmacist to see what they say about whether or not this would count as a missed pill. I don't think indigestion would impact its effectiveness, but a medical professional could tell you for sure.
Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bookworm93
Neophyte
Member # 47223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bookworm93     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! I can't call them until at least tomorrow because it is late in my time zone, so is there anything you would recommend doing in the short term? I was contemplating taking a second pill from a extra pack just in case, but I don't want to overdose. I'm just really stressed.
Posts: 14 | From: USA | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All you can do now is wait until you see what your doctor says. I don't see a reason to take an extra pill right now.

If this is really stressing you out, why not just plan on backing up with condoms for the rest of this pack? After that you'll be back to normal effectiveness no matter what happened to the initial pill.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.