Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Cramps and spotting 2 days after intercourse?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cramps and spotting 2 days after intercourse?
Bluemoon76
Neophyte
Member # 107681

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Bluemoon76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had sex 2 days ago without a condom the third week on my pill (I've just started this pill and 3 weeks in). I haven't had sex many times and when I do it still hurts and I don't usually go for long. I've been noticing some cramping like the day after sex including today like a faint pressure on my lower abdomen feels almost like when I'm about to get my period. When I went to the bathroom I noticed two tiny spots of blood and when I wiped nothing was really coming out so its not like a period or anything just a little spot. I also took a pregnancy test today because I have been worried about possibly being pregnant from an encounter 2 weeks ago and it came back negative. I don't think I'm pregnant but I've never had any spotting of any type on the pill before when I'm on the active pills and I've been on this pill before so it scared me. Could it be implantation bleeding? I've heard it takes about 7 days if there is some implantation bleeding. If this is ruled out what could be the cause of this? could my boyfriend have injured me in some way in there? I'm worried that sex will never feel completely good because maybe something serious is wrong with me down there and that's why sex hurts. Any thoughts on what could cause this? [Confused]
Posts: 6 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skiesofgreen
Activist
Member # 46170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skiesofgreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Implantation bleeding is relatively rare (and certainly not the rule) and if you've been taking your pills correctly the chance that any of this is pregnancy related is very small. Even if you had had a serious risk (which it doesn't sound like you did) things like cramps and other physical symptoms would almost certainly not show up this early in pregnancy.

That said pain is a sign are body gives us that what's happening is damaging it. That given if you're experiencing pain during sex it's entirely possible that the cramps and bleeding are related to small abrasions etc. that happened during sex.

The bleeding could also be from bc. Even though you may not have had spotting before it is a very common symptom of bc and can happen at any point during use (though certainly it's most common when you first start).

That said if you're experiencing pain during intercourse the first and best place to start would be with your healthcare provider to make sure that nothing physical is going on. Making sure you're very aroused, using lots of extra lube and being relaxed are also very important for intercourse to be enjoyable.

I'm attaching an article about painful entry to give you a little more information:

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/pink/from_ow_to_wow_demystifying_painful_intercourse

Posts: 245 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skiesofgreen
Activist
Member # 46170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skiesofgreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also are you and your partner up to date on STI testing?

Whoops just saw you say you were in a previous post of yours. That said I also saw that you've mentioned feeling unsure or not totally comfortable with the level of protection your pill is currently giving you a couple of times now. Is increasing and doubling up on protection something you feel you would like in order to feel really comfortable with the sex you are having? If so would you like more information about contraceptive options for pairing with the pill to increase your coverage?

[ 06-21-2013, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: skiesofgreen ]

Posts: 245 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bluemoon76
Neophyte
Member # 107681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bluemoon76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm wondering what possible abrasions could've happened or possibilities of things that can be wrong with me during intercourse that cause it to be painful? I am very aroused as in I produce a lot of "vaginal lube" but when it comes to the penis going it it hurts and then its like I tense up and like my vaginal muscles aren't as stretched out in preparation for sex if you know what I mean. The first time we had sex it didn't hurt too much and at times didn't hurt at all when he wasn't very deep in but this time it felt like I had already had an injury in there because when he was giving me oral sex before the intercourse I felt a bit of pain in one spot as though I had an injury there and I guess thats why I wasn't as relaxed this time but at this point the best thing to do is speak to a health care professional it seems but in the area I live its hard get an appointment to see a doctor but I will try or maybe set an appointment with the sexual health unit where I got my bc from. Just any thoughts for this right now would be nice. thanks
Posts: 6 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Bluemoon, I just thought I'd add that sounds like a good idea. If your feeling pain in a particular location it sounds like a proper examination could help you work out what is causing it and what the treatment is.

Good luck with it!

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.