Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Sexual health worries

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sexual health worries
ghf
Activist
Member # 47602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ghf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I notice recently after masterbateing they when I pull back the foreskin of my penis a white rubbery blob popped out whe I was going to the toilet it has happened a few times please help ?
Posts: 163 | From: ireland | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghf
Activist
Member # 47602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ghf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can any one help please ?
Posts: 163 | From: ireland | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there, ghf, sorry we missed this. Thanks for waiting a day before bumping it.

It sounds to me like what you likely saw there was smegma, which is a substance made of oils and fluids that tends to collect sometimes under the foreskin. It's not a sign of illness, nor is there anything wrong with that substance. Just a part of having a foreskin, that's all.

If you find you're having a lot of it, or big blobs, it may just be that you need to clean a little bit better under your foreskin when you bathe. That doesn't mean harsh soaps or scrubbing, just making sure each time to slide a wet finger under the foreskin gently to clean under it each time.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67118 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghf
Activist
Member # 47602

I also notice a clear fluid there after a few seconds of masterbateing what is this ? It stays there if not wiped off
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi ghf,

What you're describing sounds like pre-ejaculate.
The article Innies & Outies: The Penis, Testes and More might be a helpful read for you overall, but this quote is particularly relevant:
quote:
[pre-ejaculate] sometimes comes out when someone is really aroused, but before ejaculation. "Pre-ejaculate" or "precum" is a slippery, sometimes slightly sticky fluid that has the ability to neutralize any acid (from urine) that might be inside the urethra. Since sperm do not thrive under acid conditions, pre-ejaculate helps to make the conditions in the urethra favorable for sperm to survive. The same fluid is also a component of semen itself.
It's a normal fluid your body produces; you may not see it every time you masturbate, but when you do notice it you can rest assured that it's normal and nothing to worry about.
Posts: 1137 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghf
Activist
Member # 47602

That means I'm not ejaculating dose it mean I should see a doctor
ghf
Activist
Member # 47602

Just wondering has anyone any ideas ?
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ejaculation is a more sudden expelling of an amount of fluid that for many people with penises happens at about the same time as orgasm. I think you're saying that you don't experience this.

It's certainly something you could mention to the doctor, though it doesn't necessarily mean that something is wrong with you. A while back you mentioned that you were taking antidepressant medication which can affect how a person's body responds sexually. are you still taking that medication?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghf
Activist
Member # 47602

No I have stopped taking it I often get really horny but nothing squirts out I really want to do it for the first time
ghf
Activist
Member # 47602

I really don't know what to do ?
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like you've mentioned not ejaculating much here before, and that you'd talked about this with a doctor but the doctor hadn't really helped much with this issue; is that still the case?

I don't think it's necessarily a huge cause for concern not to ejaculate that often, but it sounds like it would be helpful for you to talk to a doctor about this and have them really listen and be willing to talk to you about what's going on. I think that's a good next step; we can't really tell you much about the issue since we're not doctors and aren't there in person.

Do you need help finding someone in your area you could make an appointment with?

Posts: 1137 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I also just check in with you, ghf, about how old you are, and where you're at per puberty? For instance, have your testes already dropped, voice deepened, are you having wet dreams ever? What about facial and body hair?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67118 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghf
Activist
Member # 47602

I'm 21 I have facial hair not sure about the rest
Heather
Member # 3

You know, here's what I'd say: why don't you go ahead and just get a checkup at your regular doctor's office. Ask your doctor to evaluate for you where you are with puberty, and mention your concern about ejaculation.

I'm heaving a tough time figuring out if this is about delayed puberty at all, or is just about you simply not figuring out what gets you to ejaculation yet (especially with you not knowing if you have had wet dreams or not). But they'd be able to help you sort that out a lot better.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

ghf
Activist
Member # 47602

I never had a wet dream I know that for sure thanks
ghf
Activist
Member # 47602

A wet dream is where you ejaculate in your sleep is that right ? If boy please explain
Heather
Member # 3

Yep.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

ghf
Activist
Member # 47602

So I better to chat with a doctor ? Thanks
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, checking in with a doctor would be a way for you to work on getting some answers. They'll be able to examine you physically and talk with you about this.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.