Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Masturbation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Masturbation
Rowan Nicole
Neophyte
Member # 107620

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Rowan Nicole     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is going to be a little TMI!!!... Last week was my first time actually masturbating to get somewhere. I started in the shower with the shower head and also rubbing my clit... Then when I got out, I started alternating rubbing and fingering myself and I got pretty wet. I was on the floor and then my stomach started like clenching and shaking and it was hard for me to keep going so I stopped for a minute. Then I started again but it got to be too much for me to handle so I stopped completely. Should I have kept going? Also, the next two days my clit was really sore. Is that normal?
Posts: 10 | From: Obviously Somewhere | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there! Welcome to Scarleteen!

First of all, not TMI at all. Sounds like with the reactions elsewhere in your body and the feeling getting really intense you may have reached orgasm. If it feels like it's too much for you to handle then that's a good stopping point. As far as being sore, are your nails trimmed, could be you were scratching yourself a bit. Also could just be you're sore from having a little too much stimulation. You could try using some of a good water based lubricant and see if that helps (even with being wet it may make the soreness lessen next time.)

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rowan Nicole
Neophyte
Member # 107620

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Rowan Nicole     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie_1:
Hi there! Welcome to Scarleteen!

First of all, not TMI at all. Sounds like with the reactions elsewhere in your body and the feeling getting really intense you may have reached orgasm. If it feels like it's too much for you to handle then that's a good stopping point. As far as being sore, are your nails trimmed, could be you were scratching yourself a bit. Also could just be you're sore from having a little too much stimulation. You could try using some of a good water based lubricant and see if that helps (even with being wet it may make the soreness lessen next time.)

Thanks!

--------------------
We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. — Dr. Seuss

Posts: 10 | From: Obviously Somewhere | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rowan Nicole
Neophyte
Member # 107620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rowan Nicole     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What can I use for lube? Because I can't buy any.

--------------------
We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. — Dr. Seuss

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In addition to Stephanie's great advice, I'll just add that it's not uncommon for any spot on the genitals, including the clitoris, to be sore from the friction of masturbation. There are a lot of nerve endings that can let us know about discomfort and pain, as well as about pleasure. Using a lubricant, as Stephanie suggested, will reduce friction.

Would you find it helpful to have some reading material on masturbation, orgasm, and sexual response?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rowan Nicole
Neophyte
Member # 107620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rowan Nicole     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure!

--------------------

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here you go:
How Do You Masturbate?

Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More

Is Masturbation Okay? (Yep.)[/b

[b]Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide

Lubricant (Not Diamonds) Is A Girl's Best Friend
]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rowan Nicole
Neophyte
Member # 107620

I'll ask you... What can I use for lube? I'm not really in a position to where I can buy any.

--------------------

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Coconut oil is an excellent alternative lubricant, and it's pretty common in cooking so you may have it around the house. However, we don't usually recommend using lotions or other food/cooking oils, because they may irritate the sensitive skin of the vulva and/or cause yeast, bacterial, or urinary tract infections. Others might have some good suggestions that I can't think of right now! [Smile]
Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rowan Nicole
Neophyte
Member # 107620

Thanks!

--------------------

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Rowan,

I don't know where you are located, but in many areas there are some decent types of lube available in drug stores or larger grocery stores; that's a pretty anonymous way to do it, especially if you have stores in your area with a self-checkout. If you would like us to help you find a store you could find lubricant at, we could give that a try. =)

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rowan Nicole
Neophyte
Member # 107620

I'll be honest, the reason I'm not in a position to buy any is because I'm flat out broke. I have no income because I can't have a job yet, and this isn't exactly the type of thing I can ask my parents for. So I'm basically screwed.

--------------------

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.