Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Gonorrhea and not pass it?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gonorrhea and not pass it?
FaithMichele
Neophyte
Member # 107578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FaithMichele     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been with my bf for over a year. I also have IC a painful bladder condition so I get cultures very often, both urine and vaginal. This week my gyno tells me I have gonorrhea. I immediately looked at my boyfriend like wtf did you do?! My doctor said he could of had it and is just now passing it on to me. He's doctor said the same thing . I find to hard to believe since we have sex all the time we are Intimate almost daily. I feel torn while what the doctors are saying is a possibility so is that he cheated in the last three months. He swears he didn't of course. My question is how likely is it that he had it all along and I just now caught it?

Thanks for you time and help.

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi FaithMichele
and welcome to the Scarleteen message boards,

If you have two medical professionals telling you that it was possible for your boyfriend to have gonorrhea the whole time and for you to just now be contracting it, I see no reason not to take them at their word.

Had he been tested for gonorrhea and other STIs before this?

While most guys experience some symptoms with gonorrhea, some do not, and it's very possible that your boyfriend is among that asymptomatic group. Also, the fact that you didn't catch it right away doesn't mean that he didn't have it. Like any other bacterial infection, sometimes we're more susceptible to infection than others based on what else is going on with our bodies.

Are both you and your boyfriend receiving treatment now?

Does this information answer your questions and allay your fears? Here's some more information about gonorrhea:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/infection/the_sti_files_gonorrhea

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FaithMichele
Neophyte
Member # 107578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FaithMichele     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Robin for responding!

Yes we both received treatment. He got a shot and four pills, I have to take three different antibiotics for two weeks because I'm allergic to penicillin and couldn't get the shot. [Frown]
I guess I just have to figure out if I trust him or not. It's hard because there's no way to know for sure you know? The doctors are giving "possibilities", not for sures.

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have any other reason not to trust him?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FaithMichele
Neophyte
Member # 107578

With my personal past its hard for me to trust anyone, I let a wall down with him but now I don't know. Ahhhhh it's so hard lol
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Well, and I imagine it's a shock to get a diagnosis that you weren't expecting.

Does your boyfriend know you're feeling unsure?

--------------------
Robin

FaithMichele
Neophyte
Member # 107578

Yes he knows. I don't hide my feelings well lol
He just keeps saying he didn't cheat, but I keep thinking why would he admit it if the doctors are giving him a possibility he can have an out on lol.

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Have you known him to not be honest in the past?

As tough as it can be sometimes, it's okay to take someone at their word.

--------------------
Robin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.