Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » an orgasm before or after to make first time intercourse less painful?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: an orgasm before or after to make first time intercourse less painful?
thisiswatching
Neophyte
Member # 46940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thisiswatching     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and my fiance are trying to have intercourse for the first time. I read the articles about how being aroused and relaxed are important, and how it still might be uncomfortable at first.
The first time we tried, it was definitely more than uncomfortable. I couldn't lower myself onto his penis more than 1 cm and then I felt like there was a wall there blocking going any further. I was pretty aroused (at least before being in pain) because before we tried intercourse we had outercourse and I had an orgasm from that, and also after we gave up on intercourse for the day, I had another orgasm from outercourse.
I know I have a low pain threshold (I cried a bunch when I had my first and only pap smear), but I have had a tampon and a finger in my vagina, just nothing that wide as a penis.
I wondering specifically what will make my vaginal muscles open up the widest-- being aroused before having an orgasm or after having an orgasm? I want to try again but figure out how to make it the least painful.

Posts: 4 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Often having an orgasm before trying intercourse can help make sure people are relaxed enough for vaginal entry, but there's no rule, so experiment a bit and see what works for you. If you haven't, you might also want to see if a different position helps. Sometimes certain positions aren't comfortable for someone, so it will likely take some trial and error before you figure out how your two bodies fit together.

Can I ask, though, how it's felt for you having a finger in your vagina? Is that also uncomfortable? If not, you might want to take a break from trying intercourse for a bit and see how two fingers feel, and three, and then if that feels good, then go back to trying intercourse.

I'd also encourage you to read through this piece: From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5761 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thisiswatching
Neophyte
Member # 46940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thisiswatching     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the link and the response... A single finger did not feel uncomfortable-- for me it didn't feel like too much, just a little on the pleasant/pleasurable side. But I've never tried seeing how multiple fingers feels, so that is a new idea to try first before intercourse.
Posts: 4 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you've already checked in with a sexual healthcare provider to be sure this isn't about something like an infection, or some other issue that might need treatment?

IOW, when you had your pap, you asked about this?

[ 05-11-2013, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68208 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.