Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Wondering

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wondering
Booberries23
Neophyte
Member # 107353

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Booberries23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok so im 16 and is sexually active. My parents know im sexually active and on april 11th my mother took me to get the depo shot. The doctor told me it wouldnt start working until 2 weeks later which would be the 25th. Im worried that i will get pregnant because me and my boyfriend had anal sex but he put his penis in my vagina a few times to act as a lubricant so it would be smoother. We did thia about 2 times and he has ejaculated both times. My biggest fear is the left over sperm if its srill possible to stay on his penis when we did it the second time. My most fertile week is from the 17th through the 24th and i ovulate on the 21st.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Booberries,

It you were not using condoms for anal sex (which I would strongly suggest, even after your Depo shot is fully effective), then yes, what you describe is a pregnancy risk, for two reasons:

1: There was direct contact between your boyfriend's penis and your vagina. Even if he did not ejaculate in your vagina, any time there is that direct contact, you're looking at a pregnancy risk situation. Plus, if I'm understanding you correctly, your boyfriend ejaculated, then put his penis in your vagina again, yes? I'm not sure how much time elapsed here, or if he washed himself off at all, but that direct contact equals a risk in either case.
2: Anal sex is not a pregnancy-risk-free type of sex. There's a good explanation of that here: What anal sex is and is not

In the future, any time you're going to have anal sex with your boyfriend, you should definitely be using condoms to protect against infection, as well as plenty of lube. Your own vaginal lubricant is probably not going to be enough to make things as slippery as they should be for maximum comfort; of course everyone's bodies and preferences will vary here, but I'd suggest picking up lube when you get those condoms for next time.

How long has it been since this occurred? If has been under 120 hours (although sooner is better in terms of its effectiveness), you're within the window in which emergency contraception could be effective. There's some more information about that here: Emergency Contraception (Plan B or the Morning-After-Pill)

Posts: 1125 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Booberries23
Neophyte
Member # 107353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Booberries23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was on the 19th also if this helps at all to answer the question.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Booberries23
Neophyte
Member # 107353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Booberries23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was about 1/2 hour time lapse between doing the anal and he went to the bathroom before we did the 2nd time. I have no idea if that matters at all or not.
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no way for anyone to predict when exactly the shot reached its full effectiveness for you, so since you did not wait the full two weeks that your doctor recommended, it is safer to assume that it was NOT yet at full effectiveness and go from there.

And as Molias explained, anal sex does pose a pregnancy risk all on its own, especially if your partner ejaculates in you, as the ejaculate can easily leak out. Too, if you also had vaginal entry, there was direct, unprotected genital contact, which poses a pregnancy risk.

So, in sum, yes, you did have a pregnancy risk. Since this was two days ago, you can still get EC (as Molias stated above, it an be effective for up to 120 hours after the risk). Otherwise, you will have to just wait and see until you can take a pregnancy test.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 8995 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.