Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » What does sex feel like? (Not 1st time)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What does sex feel like? (Not 1st time)
catlover1997
Neophyte
Member # 104262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catlover1997         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just curious as to what sex feels like after your first time, such as your 2nd and so on?? My boyfriend and I have only had sex once and we are planning on doing it sometime soon again, but I was just merely curious..what is it normally like? like, will i bleed during our 2nd time?? or?? [Smile] thanks!
Posts: 36 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CSandSourpatch
Activist
Member # 95598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CSandSourpatch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Short answer: it depends.

Long answer: it depends on a lot of things. Your readiness for sex, your level of arousal, how stressed you're feeling that day, if you've recently had a cold, if you get any period symptoms and it's that time for you... The list goes on.

I don't exactly have a huge sample size to compare to, because I've talked with only one other friend about her experiences, but ours were completely different. For me, it felt much like the first time, minus a little bit of the awkwardness about where limbs go. Since then, there have been times where it's been good, times where it's been amazing, and times where it's not been so good. Sex is not just a "this is how it's going to be for the rest of your life/the rest of the time you're with this person"--it changes. A LOT. What matters is that you want it and are enjoying what's going on, and the same goes for whoever you happen to be doing it with. That usually makes it feel pretty good, at any rate.

EDIT: As to bleeding, that also depends. Honestly, I've bled only once (not counting being on my period). It wasn't my first time, and it was because a little bit of rough fingering had given me a small abrasion. I've heard the most common cause of bleeding is abrasions of some sort from not having enough lube, so I can't stress this enough: have extra lube. Even if you don't think you'll need it, have it on hand, anyway.

[ 04-11-2013, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: CSandSourpatch ]

Posts: 81 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What any sexual activity feels like is such an individual experience that it's not really a question that can be answered. This applies whether it's someone's first time engaging in sexual activities, or their hundredth.

There's no way to predict, either, whether you'll experience bleeding.

Having read your recent posts and seen how anxious you were about pregnancy risks, I wanted to ask if you're feeling more secure with birth control now.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey catlover1997,

Have you looked at this? What Does Sex Feel Like?

Like the advice article says, your question, while understandable, is both a common one here on Scarleteen as it is also kind of hard to answer, be it your first time or the millionth time (alone, with someone else, or multiple partners), since there are so many variables that could happen to affect the outcome, and also because everyone experiences the same things differently.

What it shouldn't feel like, however, is painful, be it physically or mentally, unsafe, or in any way where you feel uncomfortable, e.g. being coerced into having sex when you clearly don't want to. If any of this happens, please be sure that you know where to go to seek appropriate help and assistance.

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 215 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catlover1997
Neophyte
Member # 104262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catlover1997         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all!

Thanks so much for all the responses! Thank you all for your input [Smile] I was just wondering like; is it normal to bleed your second time? What were your guys second time like? I'd really like to know [Smile] Thank you!!! [Smile]

Posts: 36 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What someone else experienced during their second time with intercourse, or their tenth, or one-hundredth, won't really tell you about what your own experiences with intercourse. It's okay to ask what other people's experiences were like, but I am wondering what you're hoping to learn from others' experiences. There aer a lot of things with sex that are really individual, and that we can only learn for ourselves by experiecing them ourselves.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catlover1997
Neophyte
Member # 104262

Hey [Smile]
Okay, don't worry. Now I feel like some stupid naive sixteen year old [Frown] ahahahaha.

Haleigh H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haleigh H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
catlover1997,

There's no need to feel stupid or naive. It's totally okay to be curious and want to know if what you experienced is "normal". But the truth is there is no "normal", which is kind of awesome, right!?! All of our bodies are unique, are partners are unique, so we're going to experience things differently [Smile]

--------------------
Haleigh

Posts: 176 | From: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catlover1997
Neophyte
Member # 104262

Oh okay [Smile] thank you for all of that very helpful information [Smile]
catlover1997
Neophyte
Member # 104262

And also Robin Lee, I'm kinda feeling bette about the whole birth control thing. I'd feel a lot safer if I was on the pill but that obviously can't happen [Frown] soo.......

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.