Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Frustration

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Frustration
Uber_Jess
Neophyte
Member # 102586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uber_Jess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My mom has recently been poking around in my room when I am not around. While she did not find my stash of condoms she DID find a vibrator my sis gave me for my birthday. Nothing grotesque- just a little 5 inch vibrator. We got into a huge fight about it and they threatened to send me to a military camp for the summer and to disown my sister! I think they imagine me and my sis "lezzing out" which I find highly repulsive (the sister thing not the lesbian part.) Now they are on such high alert I cannot even go poo without them checking on me(I'm serious)! If this keeps up I will go crazier than my uncle Roy- and he has been institutionalized. Help!
Posts: 24 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
your-thoughts-please
Neophyte
Member # 107182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for your-thoughts-please     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have nothing constructive to add I just want to say that that is a really frustrating situation and I wish you the best of luck.
Posts: 6 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Burdened with glorious booty
Activist
Member # 93241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Burdened with glorious booty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That they're equating you owning a vibrator with you having an incestuous lesbian relationship, and that they'd invade your privacy to such a degree, is actually really worrying to me. I don't quite know what to do about it, but it seems that they're being incredibly controlling, beyond what's usually seen as acceptable.

--------------------
Ta-da!

Posts: 130 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jess, like Derpy, this sounds pretty disturbing to me, and like there's some dynamics in your home that simply don't sound safe or healthy.

In other words, this doesn't sound like it's about a vibrator to me: it sounds like there's a way bigger issue of a home where things sound pretty wonky, at best, and possibly unhealthy or even abusive, at worst. Have you ever talked to anyone safe -- like a teacher, healthcare provider, social service worker, or safe extended family member -- about these kinds of things? If not, I'd suggest that. You recently posted that your mother schedule a first GYN exam for you: if there's no one else, that might be a good choice of person to disclose these things to.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uber_Jess
Neophyte
Member # 102586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uber_Jess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everybody.

My sister came over last night with her boyfriend and best of all- they brought my brother who had not talked to our parents for like a year. We had an intervention of sorts. Not sure how my parents are adjusting but I will keep you guys informed!

Posts: 24 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go sibling power!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natasha34
Neophyte
Member # 107284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natasha34     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you can talk to your mom or something I know how it feels to have a difficult family, trust me I have one. I can't talk to my bf without them saying me whore or slut. I get it's hard but i'm sure that if you talk to her and explain that sexuality is normal maybe she'll calm down.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.