Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Orgasm Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Orgasm Question
suigeneris
Neophyte
Member # 106528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suigeneris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I have a question about orgasms...I'm a 19 year old lesbian, and I'm totally capable of coming through masturbation (usually by rubbing my clitoris on a pillow or whatever), but I've never managed to come with a partner...the thing is, I've read about the g-spot and stuff, but I've never gotten pleasure from being penetrated. I've had several different sexual partners who've fingered me without getting me off, and in fact, I've never even been able to entirely insert a tampon correctly, which I *think* is part of the whole "not liking penetration" thing.
I used to show symptoms of PCOS so doctors definitely examined my reproductive system and never, as far as I know, discovered anything anatomically wrong with me...

So could it be that I just can't orgasm through penetration, and should just focus on other means? Is it even A Thing/possible to be totally incapable of coming in that way? Or am I just doing it "wrong" somehow?

Posts: 2 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the majority of nerves arent actually anywhere other than areas accessible without penetration then you likely dont feel anything unless the specific nerves on the outside are stimulated

--------------------
It is my hope that what i ask here is answered for me and anyone else afraid to ask the same question :)

Posts: 133 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there,

Great questions, by the way! Orgasms are a common topic discussed on this website, and in fact, we have a ton of resources to choose from! Here are some that I managed to find relating to your situation:

Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide
The Great No-Orgasm-From-Intercourse Conundrum
I Can't Orgasm From Intercourse And It's Ruining My Relationship!
With Pleasure: A View of Whole Sexual Anatomy for Every Body

I hope that you are able to find your questions answered in at least one of these articles, but if not, feel free to post them here, and a moderator will be most happy to assist you then.

Thanks for using Scarleteen!

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 229 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cian
Activist
Member # 44405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And no, there is nothing wrong or abnormal about not being able to orgasm through internal stimulation. If you find penetration generally undesirable or uncomfortable, then I wouldn't stress it at all. My girlfriend is much the same way, so penetration is simply not part of the repertoire for her, and neither of us finds it a problem. All should be negotiable with your partner. [Smile]

Hopefully the resources provided for you will help. Mine is just my two cents from a personal perspective.

Posts: 239 | From: Europe | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.