Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Probably silly...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Probably silly...
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m_azul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, this is probably silly, but I just wanted to know. Is it dangerous If i perform oral on my fiancé, then someone accidentally eats/drinks after me like twenty mins later? I know there's mono people get, but I just wanted to know.

Btw, pregnant fears are all gone! [Smile]

Posts: 281 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking - dangerous how?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If u r sharing the same eating utensils and there is any extra fluid in your mouth they it might get on a spoon or straw or whatever but idk if its dangerous unless theres an STD involved

--------------------
It is my hope that what i ask here is answered for me and anyone else afraid to ask the same question :)

Posts: 133 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m_azul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I meant dangerous as in can it make someone really sick after they eat after me.
Posts: 281 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

And it wouldn't be less than 15-20 mins after
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The same concerns about germs would apply, whether you had engaged in oral sex or not.

To prevent germ-spreading, it is sound not to share utensils or dishes. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Okay, thank you. I just felt bad when someone ate after me and it was too late! I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something "deadly" or could make someone terribly sick. So yeah it would be the same as regular drinking after someone.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nodding...which isn't to say that that isn't risky, but presumably the person knew that they were using the same dishes or utensils you'd used.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

So as far as we both know, my boyfriend is healthy. So is it most likely okay?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

As I said, the same risks would apply for germ transfer as would be there in any other situation. There's nothing you can do about it now, though. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Are STIs spread that way?
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

And by that I mean can they be spread through drinking/eating after someone?
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You may find it helpful to go through this list of how STIs are generally transferred from one person to another: STI Risk Assessment: The Cliff's Notes Note that even the ones that have a risk of transmission in manual sex generally require some direct contact vs. something being left on a fork or a drinking glass.

You're going to be much more likely to pass a cold or strep throat to anyone else than an STI, for sure. But washing your hands is definitely a good idea: The Simple And Underrated Art Of Washing Your Hands

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Alright. Thank you Molias [Smile]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.