Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Questions about Anal masturbation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Questions about Anal masturbation
Thedarkestsong
Neophyte
Member # 100821

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thedarkestsong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been trying anal masturbation recently using my fingers, I enjoy it but I want to take it a step further and use a toy or something, what would be the best thing to use and what would be the best way to use it ?
Is it possible to have an orgasm by Anal masturbation alone and how is it different then an orgasm with your frontal genitals ?

I was born genetically male, so I do have a prostate.

Posts: 12 | From: Ireland | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have you already taken a look at the information about this on the site? If not, give a shout, and I'll drop you some links for more comprehensive information.

In a nutshell, you want to stick to toys designed to be used anally, which mostly means that they have a flared base. You also want to make sure to use plenty of lubricant, probably like you already do with your fingers.

There is no "best way" per what feels good: that's something you'll find out with by experimenting, like with any other kind of masturbation. But per safety, you want to be gradual with entry, only use toys you can sanitize or, when you can't, cover with a condom, and once more, lube, lube, lube.

Orgasm isn't about genitals, really: orgasm happens primarily in the brain and central nervous system, which is why people can reach orgasm sometimes without ANY kind of genital stimulation at all.

However, orgasm can feel different from different kinds of sex or stimulation, so you may find that orgasm you reach when masturbating with a focus on your anus feels different than it does with masturbation with your penis (or, if you call that anatomy something else, whatever you call it).

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67219 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thedarkestsong
Neophyte
Member # 100821

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thedarkestsong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your answer Heather, I actually haven't taken a look round the website (don't know why I didn't just put it into the search engine) if you could post some links that would be great, thank you [Smile]
Posts: 12 | From: Ireland | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No trouble (but using the search first for questions is always appreciated, for future reference). [Smile]

Here are some good places to start:
• Anal Sex Lowdown
• http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/meet_your_prostate
• With Pleasure: A View of Whole Sexual Anatomy for Every Body

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67219 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thedarkestsong
Neophyte
Member # 100821

Thank you for those links, they're a great help [Smile]
Heather
Member # 3

You got it! Anything else I can help with today?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.