Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Privacy Issues

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Privacy Issues
Uber_Jess
Neophyte
Member # 102586

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Uber_Jess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple weeks ago when I was masturbating in my room my dad barged in WITHOUT KNOCKING and there I was half-naked fingering myself! I don't know who was more embarrassed but he left in a hurry. Anyways since then things have been real awkward between me and my parents (who have stated that masturbating is not something a girl my age should be doing.)
Now they give me such little privacy that I have resorted to masturbating while I shower (which is easier said than done.) Is there some way to get them off my case? I haven't had sex since the incident for fear of getting caught. BTW my bf and I are super careful- we ALWAYS use a condom and I am on the pill. So its not like we are irresponsible

Posts: 24 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since the cat's out of the bag already, as it were, how about talking to one or both of them about this directly, and asking for some more privacy outright? Even just asking if they could please knock on your door before opening it is hardly an unusual request.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uber_Jess
Neophyte
Member # 102586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uber_Jess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well they dont know about the sex but the masturbation issue is rediculous. I have overheard my dad saying this would be normal if I were a boy but that masturbating is not proper for a girl. My mom agrees! My only thought is to go talk to my big sister. She goes to college in town and we talk about everything (she was the first person I called after I lost my virginity.) Hopefully, as a sexually active woman, she would stick up for me (no pun intended.)
Posts: 24 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It stinks that they have such sexist attitudes about masturbation, but that doesn't mean you still can't ask them to knock first.

If nothing else, you can say it's for them, so they don't have to see you doing something so horrendously unfeminine even again. [Razz]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uber_Jess
Neophyte
Member # 102586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uber_Jess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah my sister said pretty much the same thing. I will give it a shot. Thanks!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.