Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Random insurance question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Random insurance question
dancer594
Activist
Member # 28917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dancer594     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! I have a random question, but I am hoping someone here may be able to help. I have my own health insurance, which 100% covers a female exam, pap smear, everything.... I've looked under my explanation of benefits and everything, and I assume it covers 1 exam per year. Here's my question: is that one gyno exam every 12 months, or every calendar year? I had my last exam with this insurance in July, but my primary care MD did it. I want to switch to a gyno instead, because of my irregular periods/spotting. I'd like to get on birth control to see if this helps the problem. I really don't want to wait to July to take care of it, but at the same time, I pay alot every month for my health insurance, so I don't want to have to pay for this exam as well. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I've searched blue cross' website everywhere and can't seem to find an answer. Thank you!
Posts: 65 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is one of those questions where you simply will need to call into your insurance provider to find out.

We just can't possibly know what the story is with your policy in regard to this. You'll need to call someone who works for your insurance provider: those are the only folks who will know.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.