Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » I think its all in my head!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I think its all in my head!
danny_93
Neophyte
Member # 103688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danny_93     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know the plan b pill is effective, and I've taken it several times in the past few months, ( about 7 times and I know I'm not supposed to because it damages and messes with your cycles) but I recently got into panic mode because I had an incident, even though it was protected sex, I still don't know if I should buy it just to be on the safe side . Me and my bf had sex yesterday 3 times with a condom. The first time it was normal sex. The second also, the third time we were going at it, but the condom got dry so we switched it out for another one. As soon as he was putting on the condom he put it on backwards, but only the tip of the penis touched it and put it on correctly..I got scared but continued anyways..and also I saw some type of gunk on his leg before we did it the last time. I don't know if it was the lube or him or me, but I started to panic. Could I be pregnant? Should I take the plan b pill just in case? How can the plan b pill still affect me now? Could I probably be safe since I've taken it so many times already?
Posts: 12 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seven times in a few months is a lot of use of Plan B, especially for your wallet. It also isn't as effective as other methods, so how about we talk about other methods for you which are more effective, less costly and have less of an impact on your body?

Are you saying, with the condom, that with one of the times it was put on backwards, then instead of tossing that one and taking out a new one, your partner flipped that one over and put it on? If so, then no, that's not proper use of a condom and that condom may have been less effective.

As well, if you're asking if Plan B gives you protection from pregnancy when you're not actually taking it, no, it does not.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.