Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Accidentally used someone else's razor ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Accidentally used someone else's razor ...
bottlelids2906
Neophyte
Member # 51488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bottlelids2906     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello. This might seem a weird question, but after a google search, it's got me a bit freaked out!
Earlier today I accidentally used my flatmate's razor to shave my underarms, we have the same type so I thought it was mine. Afterwards I realised that it wasn't.
I was wondering if any STDs or diseases in general could be transmitted this way as I noticed a small cut on my underarm afterwards.
My flat mate is a 20 year old homosexual female - I know this doesn't really mean anything, but still ... added info.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.

--------------------
If you negotiate the minefield in the drive and beat the dogs and cheat the cold electronic eyes,
and if you make it past the shotguns in the hall, dial the combination, open the priesthole,
and if I'm in, I'll tell you what's behind the wall.

Posts: 7 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless your flatmate cut themselves and left their blood on it and has something like HIV or Hepatitis AND you then cut yourself with it, giving their blood a direct route to your bloodstream, this isn't likely something you need to fret about at all.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67928 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bottlelids2906
Neophyte
Member # 51488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bottlelids2906     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much for your reply.
So there would have to be blood on the razor right? Because according to the internet (unreliable I know) viruses can just be harboured there ...
I rinsed it under the shower beforehand so I presume that would wash off any blood?

--------------------
If you negotiate the minefield in the drive and beat the dogs and cheat the cold electronic eyes,
and if you make it past the shotguns in the hall, dial the combination, open the priesthole,
and if I'm in, I'll tell you what's behind the wall.

Posts: 7 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think before you even get to worrying about blood, you might remember that diseases like HIV and Hepatitis are not only serious -- so it's unlikely your roomie has either and doesn't know -- but the people who have them tend to be very aware of what presents risks to others and fill people in who do something like live with them.

Again, if she didn't cut herself with it, then you didn't, it's not likely something you need to worry about. For future reference? Yeah, use your own razor, like your own toothbrush. But in this situation, it really sounds like there's no real cause for concern, this is just about you freaking yourself out on the 'net, you know?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67928 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.