Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Bleeding after sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bleeding after sex
Glasgowgirl
Neophyte
Member # 103369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glasgowgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I'm 18 and had sex with my boyfriend for the second time on Friday. We didn't get that far as it hurt too much so I asked to stop. On sunday I woke up and when I went to the toilet there was blood like it wis on the first day of my period. My period isn't due for another 12 or so days, I'm also not in any kind of pain. The app that I use to keep track of my period says that I'm fertile, we used protection. Does anyone know what is wrong, should I be worried ?
Posts: 3 | From: Scotland | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Glasgowgirl, and welcome to Scarleteen.

Since you were experiencing pain with attempted intercourse, it's possible that you have a small cut or tear and the bleeding is from that. I would take a rest from sexual activity or other attempts at intercourse until this clears up. It's possible that it's an early period, but my guess based on your reported pain is a small injury.

Going forward, I'd make sure that you and your partner use lots of lube and are only trying this when you're relaxed and aroused beforehand. This article may be helpful: From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse

Posts: 1125 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glasgowgirl
Neophyte
Member # 103369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glasgowgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, thanks for replying I've been worried as hell. How long do you think the bleeding will last ? It's still quite heavy so I'm really not sure if it is an early period or becuase of the pain during sex. But again thank you, it calmed me down a bit.
Posts: 3 | From: Scotland | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if it's an early period, it may be as long as a normal period for you (although, if it's fluctuating as to time it may be a little longer or shorter as well).
I think that if you had an injury from sex that was bleeding a lot, you'd probably be able to feel it more, and you said you aren't currently in pain, right? It might help to use a little hand mirror to see if you can see any sort of small cut or abrasion, which could help. If you don't see anything unusual, I'd just treat this like a period and if it continues or you feel pain, visit a sexual health care provider to get it looked at.

Posts: 1125 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glasgowgirl
Neophyte
Member # 103369

Yeah, I'm not in any pain, but I'll do that with the mirror just to be sue. Thanks.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.