Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » infection question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: infection question
Peach7262
Activist
Member # 42892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peach7262     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there,

So I've had some bouts of yeast infections in the past few months, but lately I have had them much more under control.

I reunited with my boyfriend this past weekend and had quite a bit of sex. I thought I was just very irritated the on Sunday, but now it's Tuesday and I'm experiencing what I would usually consider yeast infection symptoms.

The thing is that the last time I saw a doctor it was basically a pointless appointment because they said my irritation was kind of me being paranoid because of the yeast infections I'd had before. I use lube and everything during sex, but we did have a lot of sex.

The irritation is definitely there, and I'm also wondering about what the cause of dried flaky skin on the pubic mound area can mean...maybe just irritation of the skin from sex?

I'm just not totally sure what to do [Frown]

Posts: 61 | From: MA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you use a condom? Sometimes ejaculate can cause an unbalance in your vagina, which is what causes a yeast infection. Also, what kind of lube were you using? Some ingredients in that can also be an issue.

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peach7262
Activist
Member # 42892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peach7262     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I actually went to the doctor and it's mostly just irritated skin from it being so dry in wintertime. Big relief! And I'm just sensitive I guess and it wasn't a yeast infection, just irritation.

I always use water based lube and we do use condoms!

Thanks!

Posts: 61 | From: MA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.