Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Chances of being pregnant? Please help.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chances of being pregnant? Please help.
Perseption
Neophyte
Member # 101629

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Perseption     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today I had unprotected sex at around 3:30pm. I didnt know he hadnt put a condom on and I didnt realize it. I would have never allowed it, but it happened. He used the pull out method. He pre cummed in my only a bit. I then proceeded to freak out, and have my mom take me to Planned Parenthood to get Plan B. I took it at 7:30pm. The package says to take 12 hours apart, but the lady said they recommend taking both at the same time. So, what are my chances? I know Plan B has an 85% effectivity rate. And It was a bit of pre cum. Should I continue to hyperventilate, or cool my jets. I know its possible to get prefnant no matter what, but am I okay? Btw my period comes on about the 14th. So a week from
now. I know 2 weeks is the best time
for getting pregnant. Do I have a good chance? Please be kind. I know it was wrong.
Thanks.

--------------------
~Maren

Posts: 2 | From: Oregon, Usa | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure what you mean about two weeks and getting pregnant. If you're talking about when you're most fertile, that's not something any of us can know with any accuracy unless we chart our fertility daily.

You did what you could do here after the fact, and hopped right to it. (Also, go your Mom to the rescue!) Plan B taken within 24 hours is highly effective, around 98% (not 85%), so even with an ejaculation, pregnancy would be very unlikely here. But at this point, alas, all you can do is wait it out.

Perhaps obviously, there are also STI risks to address, so if you're not current with that testing, that's something to take care of in the next few months.

And also obviously, sounds like if this is a partner you plan to be with again -- or with any partner -- you need to make sure you talk about condom use in advance of any sex, be clear condom use is part of any sex, and take part in making sure a condom is used, rather than relying on the other person to do that, okay?

(Of course, if you did all that and this person still didn't use a condom, then I'd suggest this person isn't a safe person to sleep with, period.)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perseption
Neophyte
Member # 101629

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Perseption     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! I am very greatful for your reply! and Yeah it was definetly a one time thing..

--------------------
~Maren

Posts: 2 | From: Oregon, Usa | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shauna gall
Neophyte
Member # 101785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shauna gall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
help me!!!
my boyfriend and i where fooling around as it always starts out but then he had cum , his hand and fingers where then moist when he fingered me .my period was supposed to be yesterday and im freaking out big style ..... looked on loads of sites and most say it is likely

--------------------
s.g

Posts: 2 | From: Sunderland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which loads of sites? I'd be very surprised if a credible website with someone with any education in this giving the information said pregnancy was likely in that case.

We ask that users with pregnancy worries please start with this before posting: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/007116.html

Can you take a read through that first please? Thanks. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shauna gall
Neophyte
Member # 101785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shauna gall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
can I become pregnant off fingering?

--------------------
s.g

Posts: 2 | From: Sunderland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Now, I know you didn't read all of that in three minutes.

Please take the time to read through it (and it answers just that questions). Scarleteen serves a lot of different people with very little staff and funding, so we need to have some protocols to be able to do that, and need our users to respect them. Thanks.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.