Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » A masturbation "issue."

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A masturbation "issue."
border356
Neophyte
Member # 101478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for border356     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I only recently started to be able to finger myself. Up until now, I couldn't "get in" but then I got lube and it made things a lot easier. My problem is, I can't get in very far. Not even to the first joint in my fingers. It doesn't really hurt, it just feels like there's a 'wall' or something. If I use two fingers I can get in until I can feel almost two dips inside of me (they almost feel like holes) and because I'm so new to this, I don't know what those are or what to do. Do I just push through? I'm only in like half an inch so this can't be my cervix, right? My boyfriend wants me to be able to get in deeper. He really wants me to hit my g-spot. I just can't seem to go any further or stretch more. It's really starting to frustrate me!
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are we talking about masturbation that's for you, when you're alone?

Or is this about masturbation with your boyfriend?

I'm a bit confused because it sounds like we're talking about your own masturbation, and if so, I'm not sure why your boyfriend is asking for you to do things HE wants with something that's not for him, but for you?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi border, welcome to Scarleteen.

First of all -- you say your boyfriend wants you to get in deeper and "hit your g-spot". But this is about you and your body. To be frank, this is none of his business! Your masturbation should be about what you want to do and what you find enjoyable, so I really advise putting aside anything your boyfriend wants you to do, and you could even tell him to hold back on his input around your masturbation. So focus on doing things that YOU find enjoyable. That's what masturbation is all about!

So, with that aside, have you been making sure that you're really aroused when you're masturbating? When you're aroused, your cervix pulls back and your vagina kind of "tents" at the back, and also becomes easier (and more comfortable) to enter. So if you haven't been really aroused before attempting to use your fingers in your vagina, that might be something you want to try. Also, most people find that vaginal stimulation isn't really all-that unless they're pairing it up with other kinds of stimulation -- like to the clitoral shaft, nipples, labia, etc. So if you've also been focusing primarily on just getting your fingers into your vagina, it might be a good idea to focus your masturbation on other areas of your body.

I'll also say that the g-spot isn't some magic button that gets "hit" and BLAMMO MAJOR AWESOME ORGASM. Some people find stimulating it to be really enjoyable while others find it pretty "meh". But on top of that, if you're not aroused -- even for a person whose g-spot DOES bring pleasure/potential orgasm -- touching it won't be all-that, either. Just like with the clitoris, for example, if you're not in the headspace and aren't aroused, touching it won't really do much in the way of pleasure.

So I think the place for you to start is focus on being really aroused before you get into masturbating, putting aside any expectations your boyfriend might have of you, and instead focus on what brings YOU pleasure. Here's an article I think would be great for you to read:
With Pleasure: A View of Whole Sexual Anatomy for Every Body

And in case you haven't seen it already, there's this one too:
How Do You Masturbate?

As for what it is you're feeling when you insert your fingers into your vagina, it may be your cervix, or part of your vaginal wall, but none of us here can really be sure. We have an article on anatomy of the vulva and vagina that may be able to help you figure out what it is:
Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More

And also always remember that it is totally awesome to grab a mirror and take a look if you want to know for sure what's goin' on with your vulva. Your vulva is a part of your body like any other bit, and knowing your whole body is a great idea. So if you want, you can always do that too.

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
border356
Neophyte
Member # 101478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for border356     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Heather, I meant masturbation on my own. I'm in an LDR and we haven't met face to face yet. I also want in deeper though, and want to find my g-spot.

So it might be an arousal thing?
Sometimes I'm not very aroused, but I have an orgasm anyway. I do pair the fingering with clitoral stimulation. It feels good, I just get frustrated I can't get in any further. And then I get a little less turned on because I'm frustrated.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well getting frustrated will definitely be playing a part in this, as, like you said, it'll lower your arousal. So, how about for now you make masturbation all and only about what you really enjoy; don't have any goals of getting your fingers a certain way into your vagina or anything. Focus on just being aroused and figuring out what feels good for you. What do you think about that?

Have you looked at any of the articles I linked you to yet?

I think this might also be a good one for you to read:
Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide

Also, is there any particular reason you want to or feel it's necessary for you to be able to get your fingers further into your vagina, which might be what's making you get frustrated when you can't?

[ 01-03-2013, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: Onionpie ]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.