Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » 3 weeks late, tiny cramps, no other symptoms. Messed up cycle by BCP or pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3 weeks late, tiny cramps, no other symptoms. Messed up cycle by BCP or pregnant?
Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I stopped taking BCP on the 23rd of September, had my first real period on the night at 8th of November and stopped on the 13th of November. Since then, I have had no period until now. Had unprotected penetration only in the morning of 8th November, and also on 17th of December 2012. Those penetration only lasted for less than 3 minutes.Now its 4th of Jan 2013 and I had no period at all. Feeling tiny cramps on and off for the past few weeks now. No nausea, tender breasts or other pregnancy symptoms. Am I getting my period or my hormones are messed up already? Help. During these months we have had sex but with a condom. He came inside the condom and filled it with water to make sure there's no tear. Help?

[ 01-03-2013, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Ransu ]

Posts: 67 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're three weeks late, then the thing to do now is to take a pregnancy test.

You know you engaged in the kind of sex that can create a pregnancy -- and it sounds like that might have happened without any contraception, including condoms? --so to find out if this is about pregnancy or not, you'll need to test.

(I think: you say you came inside the condom, but are on BC pills, so if I'm misunderstanding your sex or gender, my apologies.

You also say you had sex unprotected, but later with condoms, so not sure which you mean.)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry was posting on behalf on my gf. I hope you can get a clearer picture now.
Posts: 67 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

Post edited.Post edited.
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Umm. Okay, I don't actually.

I mean, the same advice stands, but how about, if that answer doesn't sound right to you, you either post entirely on your behalf, or have her post on hers?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

Can BCP really messed up period so much? I hope its just the pills messing it up.

[ 01-03-2013, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Ransu ]

Heather
Member # 3

Like I said, since it sounds like you two did have the kind of sex that presents a pregnancy risk, and her period is late, I'd test regardless, especially if any of the sex was unprotected.

But yes, if she gets a negative result, she can figure the wonkiness is likely due to her body readjusting after coming off the oral contraceptives.

But if she still doesn't see a period or any spotting at all in the next couple months, she may want to check in with her doctor to be sure that is about the pills, not about, see, not menstruating because of not eating or weighing enough.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.