Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Oral Sex misfunction

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oral Sex misfunction
thing1
Neophyte
Member # 95505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thing1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I gave a blowjob to a friend a few days ago and it was my first time. I was really not sure how to do it but my friend just said to try it and I did. The entire time I was throwing up in my mouth while going down on him but he didn't seem to notice. Is throwing up normal?
Posts: 5 | From: Dover,DE | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While that was happening, was everything otherwise feeling really good? In other words, you weren't doing something like putting the penis further in your throat than felt good to you?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CSandSourpatch
Activist
Member # 95598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CSandSourpatch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While you'll get told that there's no "normal" when it comes to sex, if it wasn't something you enjoyed, or if it was something that didn't feel good, you don't ever have to do it again. In fact, you can stop in the middle of an act if it ever makes you feel uncomfortable, or say from the outset, "This isn't something I want to do, so I'm not going to do it."

It really sounds like this was something you weren't comfortable doing, based on that reaction. Perhaps it's "just" a sensitive gag reflex (which is really no small thing and really sucks to have activated, in my experience), but, again, you never have to do it if it evokes that reaction, regardless of why.

Posts: 81 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thing1
Neophyte
Member # 95505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thing1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heather,

To be honest, no I didn't feel really good while doing it and I was told to try and put the entire penis in my mouth so I did but I kept throwing up.

CSandSourpatch,

Thank you for the advice and I will definitely keep it in mind!

Posts: 5 | From: Dover,DE | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This isn't this same friend, is it?

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/028014/p/1.html#000000

So, here's the thing, which CSandSourpatch touched on: when something doesn't feel good, we stop doing it, or ask to change things up so that it does. We don't just keep on doing it because someone else wants us to. Especially when we're not talking about something feeling okay but not super-awesome, but something that's hurting our bodies in some way, that we really don't like, or that emotionally feels wrong.

In other words, if there's a next time with this partner or any other, and you try and do something they want, but it doesn't work for you, then all you do is say something like, "Hey, nope, that doesn't work for me. let's try it this way..." and then you try it however it DOES feel good for you.

In the event any partner isn't down with that? They're someone to get away from, not continue any kind of sex with. Because that's just the very basic regard all of us need to have with sexual partners.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.