Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Really Worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Really Worried
Effect
Neophyte
Member # 101002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Effect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My girlfriend told me she was feeling sick on Wednesday the 28 of last month, the day after she realized she was on her period, Saturday afternoon she started to feel better and i was really horny that morning so i had a wank 3 times, now i remember going for a shower but i dont remember if i went to the toilet or not..... that night she was out and things started to get a little hot and heavy, i didnt touch her inside her clothes but she touched me, im almost 100% sure that some precum got onto the outside of her jeans where her vulva would have been in contact with... im really worried that she could be pregnant, ive already discussed it with her and were not going to do it again, but im really worried and wondering, is there a chance, however small, that she could be pregant?
Posts: 9 | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Effect and welcome to Scarleteen,

To help you assess whether this was a risk or not, can you take a look at these two articles:

Pregnancy Scared?

Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

after reading those, if you have any questions we can definitely talk through them. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Effect
Neophyte
Member # 101002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Effect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey thanks for the fast reply, ive actually been watching the site for a while and have read almost all the articles, the thing is i have sex ed and biology, and my teacher is the same for both, in biology we learn everything has to go right and the penis has to enter the vagina and that unless its after day 12 chances are low, also that sperm lives for 3 days in the womans body, but in sex ed its like that chances are almost 100%, so im really worried, like i said, its the last time in doing anything sexual for a couple of years, and i mean that ive been so worried and am just waiting for my girlfriend to tell me shes got her period.. but i was just wondering, would there be a chance that sperm in my precum could go through her jeans and underwear (she was really wet at the time) when she was on say day 6 of her cycle and live long enough to fertilize the egg, im so scared, im 17 and shes 15, we love each other but we are definitely not ready for a baby and just want to focus on the other points of our relationship from now on.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey There,

Wow, that's really bizarre that you get different information from the same teacher depending on which class it is.

As it says in our articles, in order for pregnancy to occur there has to be either:

1) Direct contact between a bare penis and a bare vulva, primarily vaginal intercourse but also anal intercourse or rubbing between genitals.
2) Direct contact between freshly ejaculated semen and a bare vulva.

You didn't have either of these things happen.

It doesn't matter what day of her cycle your girlfriend was on, or how wet she was. Sperm just can't make it through a pair of jeans and underwear (or even through underwear) to cause a risk of pregnancy.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Effect
Neophyte
Member # 101002

Thank you so much!!

Obviously im still going to worry as thats my nature, and my gf felt sick for about a day 2 days after she was due to ovulate, so i was worried that is morning sickness, thats for the reply though, youve put my mind somewhat at ease. [Smile]

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You're welcome.

It might also help to know that symptoms of pregnancy wouldn't have occurred nearly that quickly.

Here's a list of sexual activities that don't pose pregnancy risks:
NO Pregnancy Risks

Naturally, your own comfort and preferences will dictate what you do and don't choose to do but be assured that nothing on this list can pose a risk of pregnancy. there are some things that our bodies just can't do. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Effect
Neophyte
Member # 101002

Nooo sexual activities for me anymore, the furthest i want to go is just kissing.. its not worth the hassle or scare, maybe in a few years. Thanks again btw [Big Grin]
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Absolutely...nothing is worth being scared. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.