Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Do I need Plan B? (And a few other qs)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do I need Plan B? (And a few other qs)
WorriedGirl11
Activist
Member # 95437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WorriedGirl11         Edit/Delete Post 
So basically here's a timeline of what's got me worried.

20th- Loose stool in morning (30 mins after bc pill)- probably due to constipation day before.
Took extra bc pill at 6pm (usually take it at 9 am) in case affected by loose stool so soon.
Sex w/o condom at about 7.30pm.
21st- Cramps in morning followed by 2 loose stools. Took immodium and took extra pill at 12pm but still had cramps- waited until later and took 3rd pill just to ensure they were absorbed.

About two weeks ago I had mild diarrhea as a result of antibiotics one morning, and took an extra pill that day (but can't remember whether it continued for the day or was just one loose stool).

Is there any risk there? I'm pretty sure they'd have been absorbed but because it was over 2 days I was a bit worried!

Also, had a question about friction from bed covers and the penis- could it cause cuts to form?

And I've had some problems with being sore after intercourse w/o a condom (with lube). He made sure to clean v. well because of my being prone to UTIs (and the fact I have one kidney has him extra worried) so I don't think it's that, but I'm wondering what it could be to prevent it in the future? Thanks. (:

[ 09-22-2012, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: WorriedGirl11 ]

Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see anything that indicates you had any less effectiveness than your pill actually offers. As you probably already know, like any method, that's not 100%, but it's very highly effective.

I also don't see any need, btw, for you to be taking extra pills when you have one loose stool.

I'm not sure what you mean about cuts from the sheets or a penis in terms of friction. But, can intercourse create abrasions or fissures? Yes. Using lubricant helps avoid that, as does only engaging in that kind of sex when you're very highly aroused.

With the UTIs, condoms actually are known to help reduce the risk of them. With the soreness you had with condoms, have you tried a non-latex condom to see if that was a latex sensitivity issue?

Also, basic UTI prevention is to stay hydrated in general, wipe from front to back, urinate before and after any kind of genital sex, etc. If you're prone to them even when doing things like that., I'd suggest having a chat with your sexual/reproductive healthcare provider. They can talk to you about options with medication, like having a mild antibiotic you take before sexual contact, for example.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.