Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » "Burns" on my penis.

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Burns" on my penis.
Member # 97303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BurnedHelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is kind of embarrassing, but I need help. I used CVS's brand of astroglide as a lubricant for masturbation. That was fine, but the next morning, my penis is swollen, and cracked. It looks like a mixture of burns, and as if the skin was very dry, stretched to far, and broke. It's really moist as well as if it was oozing like a cut (which I suppose it is). I can't go to a doctor as I'm too embarrassed so unless there's a massive chance of infection, I don't want to go anywhere. What I've done so far is disinfect the area, and I put A&D ointment on it. I then wrapped it in a sterile gauze pad and taped the pad closed...loosely. Is there anything else I should do to help here.

(I also threw out the lube from CVS. I've never had this issue before with actual astroglide.)

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like you may have had an allergic reaction to that lubricant. We can't tell you for sure though, as we're neither doctors nor are we able to see you in-person, and you just can't diagnose anything over the internet. So the only person who'd be able to tell you for certain what happened would be a doctor, in-person.

And I'd really suggest checking in with a doctor right away. Though, it does sound like you're taking pretty good care of it -- so if you really don't want to go in if you can avoid it (really though, there's nothing to be embarrassed about -- doctors have seen a lot of weird stuff, much weirder than what's happened to you here, and they're trained to be prepared for things like that anyway), then you may be okay waiting a day or two to see if it starts to heal up. And if it worsens, then you really need to get to a doctor ASAP. Okay?

[ 09-12-2012, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Onionpie ]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 97303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BurnedHelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's the plan. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything obvious I could be doing in the mean time though.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

  New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3