Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Certain Sensation During Sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Certain Sensation During Sex
frerardxmcr
Neophyte
Member # 45866

Icon 5 posted      Profile for frerardxmcr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm new at sex. I've only done it a few times, so I'm really not familiar with what's "normal" and what isn't and why certain things happen. So, I have a few questions and would appreciate any help I can get.

The other night, I noticed a feeling while he was in me that I was going to pee. At certain points, I was so positive that I was going to that I had to ask him to stop so that I wouldn't totally embarrass myself. When this feeling happens, does it mean that I'm actually going to urinate, or is it just a feeling that is misleading because of something? Is it even possible to urinate during sex? If I go to the bathroom beforehand, is it possible that penetration can cause the need to urinate?

Posts: 10 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Female-bodied people can urinate during sex, but the big question here is this: DID you have to? Did you go to the bathroom before sex or not?

If you did not, then it certainly can be that what you felt was needing to pee.

If you did, it may have been that you felt a sensation of the intercourse stimulating the urethral sponge (which can often happen), or that a given position just wasn't comfy for you, putting pressure on your bladder. If you do urinate before sex, though, your bladder will be empty, so you don't have to worry about urinating.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilerse
Activist
Member # 46007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilerse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's happened to me before too. So far nothing's come of it so no big deal.
Posts: 219 | From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frerardxmcr
Neophyte
Member # 45866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frerardxmcr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you both =]
Posts: 10 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Santi1590
Neophyte
Member # 96382

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santi1590     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend also have this sensation. Our problem is that she isn't feeling confortable with this so intercourse is getting complicated. I know that it is not the only way to have a successfully sex relationship, but we both would liked to enjoy intercourse. So, if my girlfriend goes to pee before intercourse and after that this sensation is still there, what can we do to get rid of it?
Posts: 1 | From: Costa Rica | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does she experience this problem in every position, or just some of them? If it's only a few, then really, it probably just means that those positions aren't going to work well for the two of you. (Which is fine: we all have preferences and likes and dislikes when it comes to sex, and not every single thing is going to work for every single person. )

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WesLuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AFAIK there are situations when someone starts off feeling like urinating, then it changes to more sexual feelings. But it's perfectly okay if you want to avoid the positions that ever make you or your partner feel the need to urinate. [Smile]

[ 07-30-2012, 06:10 AM: Message edited by: WesLuck ]

Posts: 540 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatrice889
Neophyte
Member # 96394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beatrice889     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always had this problem too, and people always told me to ignore it and embrace it because it's normal and I *won't* pee.
Just recently I was masturbating and made sure i had peed beforehand, and the same feeling came. so, i got up and tried to pee, but nothing was guna happen.
SO, i ignored it and just kept going again.
but then, I did pee. totally just peed. like, what? that actually happens? everyone said that wouldn't happen!??!
or at least, I *think* i peed, but i've also heard crazy stories of women ejaculating that feels like peeing sometimes....
but i'm pretty sure i just peed. fml.
I want it to stooooop. now i'll be REALLY scared if i ever pushed it past that point.

Posts: 7 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WesLuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, trust your intuition. I think it sounds like my above AFAIK doesn't apply to you, and you need to find positions that don't put pressure on your bladder. All the best! [Smile]
Posts: 540 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.