Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » took precautions, but worried.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: took precautions, but worried.
curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

Icon 9 posted      Profile for curiousgeorgex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well first off, let me back up and give you history.

my periods are pretty regular, although i am 17. during my last cyle, i had sex on the 6th of september. the guy wore a condom of course (no wanted babies or STDs) but when he came out, the condom was coming off and broke when he took it off. in panic, i bought plan b and took it although he told me not to, but I come first. i had my period on the 14th of that month to the 19th. 3 days after, on the 22nd i had protected sex. he did not ejaulate in me, and there were no holes in the condom according to him. my period is supposed to start today (12)th and this past week/weekend ive had headaches, back pain, and cramps. so on tuesday bought 2 clear blue pregnancy tests and toook one wednesday morning (morning pee), and it came back not pregnant. this morning i did the same, and it came back not pregnant. today my back hurts and im cramping but all im havng At the moment is clear water like dischare(not sticky, thin, not slippery) whichh has kinda changed to kinda cream but water like and is now back to clear. what in the world is going on?

--------------------
x3

Posts: 59 | From: FL | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since you are reporting one condom break, even though most of the time with most STIs there aren't any symptoms, sometimes there are.

So, I hear you followed up with the possible pregnancy risk with Plan B and negative pregnancy tests. So, if you didn't yet, your next step, especially if you're having big changes in discharge, is to follow up with an STI panel, sometime in the next month or two, though you could also do that anytime before then, if you preferred.

However, before a period starts, do you typically experience things like back pain and cram;ping? If so, sounds like your period is probably en route, so that could be what's up, too.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curiousgeorgex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when he took the condom off it broke, i used plan b it was to be sure. i havent had oral or done anyhting unproteted since i last got checked lol. oh, and my nipples are sore when you touch/grab them. i normally have that right before i start. hmm sometimes. my discharge normally does that before a period so.. how does my pregnancy options even sound though?

--------------------
x3

Posts: 59 | From: FL | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Per assessing your pregnancy risk, see this link: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/027786.html

Are you aware of the effectiveness rate of Plan B? If not, it's between 95 and 98% if taken in the first 72 hours after a risk. And if the condom only broke after he had withdrawn, then you also would have had the effectiveness condoms provide, which is around 85% with typical use, and 96% with perfect use (in one year).

I understand about using Plan B, but that doesn't offer any protection against infections. Only condoms do that, and when they break, then they won't have done that (unless you're saying it only broke after he had withdrawn from your vagina, in which case the usual risks of STIs apply, which are drastically reduced with proper condom use).

I hear you saying you're having typical symptoms you have just before a period right around the time you're expecting one. So, it sounds to me like what you're experiencing is what's typical for you, rather than unusual.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curiousgeorgex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
plan b was used befoe this cycle. refering to idk if its effetive me not having my period yet. it broke adter it left my vagina lol

--------------------
x3

Heather
Member # 3

I hear you saying today is the day you are expecting your period, so it's not even yet late.

How about you do all you can do, which is to at least give it a day, then a few more if needed, at which point it might actually be late, then follow up with a pregnancy test if need be.

However, if you're asking about a risk and using it before this cycle, when you have already had a period after that risk and that use, you already have your answer. Same goes with the pregnancy tests you already took and got negative results from.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

i only mentioned the plan b because it maybe ould have effected my cycle. negative preggo tests from today and wednesday. yesmam!

--------------------
x3

Heather
Member # 3

Well, maybe it has, but again, your period isn't even late yet. You said today was the first day you were expecting it, and not only is it not a few days after that, today isn't even over yet.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.