Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Help! What could these be?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help! What could these be?
katia11
Neophyte
Member # 48186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katia11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone! So I have had a persistent UTI and have had two rounds of antibiotics. My vulva was feeling itchy tonite so I thought I would take a look.

I was horrified by what I saw! In the "wet" part, a little above the opening to my vagina, were two ball-like things. They were the same color as everything else. I am pretty sure they weren't always there. About half the size of a pea. Everything in general seemed very swollen. Also there is some milky white discharge coming from the vagina.

I don't think it is herpes since my boyfriend and I are clean. I wouldn't be opposed to getting tested again of course.

I am going to see about an appointment tomorrow, but I can't do much at 10 pm [Frown] The thought of getting whatever they are removed is giving me the heebie jeebies.

Any ideas on what they could be?

Posts: 29 | From: NY State | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This really is something you'd hav to consult your doctor about. It's just not something that we could even begin to guess at.

However, I don't imagine that you're anywhere close to having to have something cut out of your vulva. *gentle smile*

A quick note though: The word "clean" isn't an accurate way to describe not having a sexually transmitted infection, and it's not respectful to those who do. A more accurate way to state that would be that one knows that one's STI tests came back negative.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katia11
Neophyte
Member # 48186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katia11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my goodness I had no idea. If you could please delete my post that would be great.

I feel absolutely horrible. I have this huge midterm tomorrow and I was kind of trying to type as quickly as I could. I didn't want to say that the tests came back negative because he hasn't had any tests as he was a virgin. I had tests done a long time ago. Like I am crying I didn't mean to make anyone feel bad.

This is like the only place I'd feel comfortable asking about something like that. Especially since we aren't public with our relationship yet. So if you could delete the whole thread that would be great. I just feel terrible because like I wasn't even THINKING about what it "meant". I don't want people to think I am an insensitive jerk.

[ 10-15-2012, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: katia11 ]

Posts: 29 | From: NY State | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WesLuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry! It's easy to make a simple change in words. Robin wasn't criticising you. [Smile]
Posts: 540 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey katia11,

It's really okay. As Wes said, I wasn't criticizing you. If it helps, I've used that terminology myself in the past. *gentle smile*

It's really okay.

Best of luck getting a doctor's appointment.

If you'd like to update us on what's going on, feel free to do so. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.