Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » What should I do next -- period?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What should I do next -- period?
Strideforeverlove9
Neophyte
Member # 96051

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Strideforeverlove9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So basically this is what is going on, the last time I had unprotected sex (never ejaculated in me) was June 14th. Then according to my app, I ovulated June 20th. I tested 3 times prior 14 days of intercourse, they all came out negative. However, I'm 3 days late.

Another thing, a week after I was supposed to ovulate, I had all the symptoms of me ovulating. The cravings, bloating, discharge, everything. So could my period be changing? And, also, what are the white gooey blobs that come out when I get fingered?

Posts: 12 | From: US | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrightStar171
Peer Ambassador
Member # 64549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrightStar171     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your period could certainly be changing- when you say "my app," what kind of period tracker are you using? What sort of information do you have to input into it- just the dates of your period, or do you input daily changes in your cervical mucus and the shape of your cervix, and your body temperature every morning as you wake up? (Charting all three of those things is necessary to accurately predict ovulation.) If you're NOT charting all of those things, it's probably just a normal variation in your period, and the June 20th ovulation date wasn't accurate.

When you say you tested "prior 14 days of intercourse," what do you mean? If you mean prior to 14 days having passed since your risk, you might want to test again, because pregnancy tests are really only accurate after that point. If you've tested since June 28, you can count on that being accurate and just assume your app wasn't accurate about predicting your period dates.

The white gooey blobs you're seeing are probably just your normal vaginal lubrication. If they've changed dramatically recently or have a strongly unpleasant smell, you should consider going to your doctor to test for STDs, but what you've described sounds normal.

Posts: 100 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strideforeverlove9
Neophyte
Member # 96051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strideforeverlove9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The period tracker asks for all of that but it's an option. It mainly wants when you start and end.

I tested June 29th and twice before that. Should I test again or wait a week? I used first response all 3times if that makes a difference. Oh! For the pregnancy test, if they show results before the amount time, should I still wait?

Posts: 12 | From: US | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strideforeverlove9
Neophyte
Member # 96051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strideforeverlove9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And could a change your diet and stress mess with your period a whole lot? Two weeks ago, I was doing volunteer work with 30 kids and we were short mentors - with two not helping- so it was hectic. Could this have changed it as well? Could I actually skip a period?
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI There,

Predicting your periods by start and end dates of previous periods really isn't going to give you accurate results. tracking cervical mucus and basal body temperature daily over several months is the only way to truly understand what's going on in your cycle.

And yes, stress and diet changes can absolutely throw off a menstrual cycle. Some people do miss periods. There's just a whole lot of things that can happen with a cycle that have nothing to do with pregnancy.

June 29th is more than 14 days after June 14th. You certainly could take another pregnancy test just to be sure, but anything 14 or more days after a risk is considered to be accurate.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strideforeverlove9
Neophyte
Member # 96051

Thank you do much! I wasn't really worried about pregnancy but I got confused on what I should do next.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.