Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Strange Underwear Issues

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Strange Underwear Issues
Zoeeyy.
Neophyte
Member # 96176

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Zoeeyy.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Almost everyday I get thing really strange sticky creamy white stuff coming from my vagina. When it dries on my underwear it turns a yellowish colour and has an funny smell to it.

What is it? How can I prevent it? Is it normal?

Posts: 14 | From: Sydney | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Zoeeyy. I'm afraid that there's no way we can diagnose this over the internet for you -- not even a doctor could do that. Is this normal for you in terms of what your vaginal discharge usually looks like? If your discharge has always been like that, it's probably nothing to worry about, but if it's a recent change, you should consult your doctor or healthcare provider and they can figure out what's going on.

Here's an article with a bit more information on different types of vaginal discharge [Smile]
Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions

Posts: 1298 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zoeeyy.
Neophyte
Member # 96176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zoeeyy.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much, that article was really helpful =D

Mine sounds like "normal discharge", which is really good to hear. Although is it normal for the discharge to occure about every three days?

It also mentioned something about ovulation. What is it? How do I know I have ovulated? When does it occure?

Posts: 14 | From: Sydney | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Discharge can occur anytime. It is how the vagina keeps itself clean, so it's normal to have some discharge every day or every few days.

Ovulation is the time during your menstrual cycle when your ovaries release an egg that then travels along the fallopian tube to the uterus. If you have unprotected sex around the time of ovulation, the eggs will be in the right place to be fertilized by the sperm. Ovulation is mentioned in connection with discharge because discharge usually changes in consistently depending on where you are at in your menstrual cycle.

Since ovulation is something that happens inside of your body without very many signs that are visible from the outside, you can't usually know you ovulated unless you pay very close attention. One way to do that is to check and chart the appearance of your cervical mucus daily, so that after a few cycles you can start to see a pattern emerging.

This article explains all of this more in depth:
On the Rag: A Guide to Menstruation

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9166 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zoeeyy.
Neophyte
Member # 96176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zoeeyy.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your help =D

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.