Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » G-spot location

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: G-spot location
Emily Z.
Neophyte
Member # 94665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Z.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello again,
I got a quick question concerning my g-spot. I've read on multiple articles that the g-spot is two inside the vagina. I tried feeling for it 2 inches inside. I even did the 'come hither' motion and couldn't find it. Then I noticed that close the entrance there's this rough-ish area. It kinda feels like the roof of your tongue. Is that the g-spot? Is it normal for it to be that close to the entrance?

Posts: 15 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just like every other part of our bodies, there can be a bit of variation in terms of the location of the g-spot - it's not exactly 2 inches inside the vaginal entrance for everyone. It sounds like that rough area you're feeling (and it does tend to feel a bit like the roof of your mouth) is indeed your g-spot, so it might be that yours is just a bit closer to the entrance of your vagina than it might be for some other women.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5658 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Z.
Neophyte
Member # 94665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Z.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh okay, thank you! [Smile]
Posts: 15 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Z.
Neophyte
Member # 94665

I'm sorry to bring this topic again, but I had a question that was related to this, and I felt that it would be better to post it under here than to make a totally new topic. 

As I've said previously, there's this round bumpy thing towards the entrance of my vagina. Half it is round and smooth and located outside, and the other half is located inside and it feels like the roof of my mouth.  According to Karybu, it's my G-Spot. But recently I read online about the U-Spot. Apparently it's supposed to be above and on the sides of the urethra. Another source I read says its between the urethra and vagina. I tried looking for it but I noticed my urethra is located right where my two labia menoras meet so if I touched above it, I would be touching my clitoris through my lips, if that made any sense. There's no room for a U-Spot.

So my question is, is this round thing between my urethra and vagina my U-Spot or G-Spot? I know it shouldn't matter what spot it is just as long as it feels good but I would like to know out of curiosity.

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I think some of the trouble here is the ever growing -spot slang in popular media. It makes it pretty darn confusing for everyone. Heck I teach sexual anatomy to medical students and clinicians sometimes and *I* find it confusing. And given how much people come up with these and are so non-specific about them, I couldn't answer your question. I have no idea what the U-spot is (nor from that matter why folks who write this stuff can't just use the names for the anatomy we already have! [Smile]

</crotchedly old sex educator rant> [Razz]

So, how about we ditch the whatever-spots and talk about all the structures in and around the vulva and vagina that already have names?

For instance, what is most commonly called the G-spot is also called the urethral sponge, or just part of the internal clitoris: and that area isn't right at the vaginal opening, but a bit more deeply inside, on the anterior wall of the vaginal opening. If you're talking about a structure surrounding the urethra internally, then chances are good you are talking yet again about part of the internal clitoris, most likely the crura or vestibular glands. And it should be said that we can feel the whole of the clitoris, internal and external, with either internal or external stimulus.

But what I'm not so sure about is a structure you are saying is one structure, right around your vaginal opening, both inside and outside but with varying texture, save that you're just looking at/feeling the different texture of the inside and outside of your vaginal opening.

Can you take a look at this piece so we can get on a similar page?

With Pleasure: A View of Whole Sexual Anatomy for Every Body

(I should also add that we don't have specific names for every square inch of the vulva or vagina, just like we don't for the small intenstine or nose: it's totally possible to have very specific areas of our anatomy that feel uniquely good to us that don't have their very own names. [Smile] )

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67062 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Z.
Neophyte
Member # 94665

I'm pretty familiar with most of the structures. The structure I'm confused about is odd because in every article concerning sexual anatomy doesn't have any information on it.  That's why I'm asking about if it's this or that spot because I have no idea what it is. It starts below my urethra and then rounds off into my vagina. Rough inside and smooth outside. I'm not sure if it's just an enlarged vestibule or what.
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing with articles on sexual anatomy is that they can't really account for individual differences. What you're feeling might be a specific structure, or it might just be that that area of your vulva has a different texture.

I know it would be nice to be able to call it something more specific, but I think the most accurate thing we can call it is a part of your own, personal, unique anatomy.

If it feels pleasurable, then it certainly could be part of the complex network of internal clitoral nerves. If it doesn't feel like much of anything, then it could be, well, just a part of your anatomy that feels different from other parts.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Z.
Neophyte
Member # 94665

Hmm, okay. It doesn't do any harm so I guess I shouldn't worry about it. I haven't been to gyno ever so once I do I'll ask her if there's something wrong. Thanks [Smile]
Emily Z.
Neophyte
Member # 94665

The funny thing is that when I rub that odd spot, My clitoris gets much harder than when I rub my clitoris directly. Hmm...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.