Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » im in a bit of a tiffy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: im in a bit of a tiffy
curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

Icon 9 posted      Profile for curiousgeorgex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
for a while, i decided to stop having sex, much less worried. months later, on the 13th, i had sex and i used a condom. my last 3 cycle dates were april 4th- april 9th, april 30th to may 5th, and may 26 to may 30. i am supposed to get my period today or the 23rd according to my calandar. lately ive been having BAD headaches, BAD stomach pains, and my back is now hurting. my right boob is only slightly tender and i really have to feel for it... how worried should i be? help me please

--------------------
x3

Posts: 59 | From: FL | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always want to ask folks who ask like this what they think worrying will do. In other words, you ask how worried you should be, and I don't know how to answer that since worrying doesn't accomplish anything.

Periods rarely always come on exactly THE day we expect them: it's most common for even regular cycles to deviate by at least a couple days fairly often.

So. If you have been having severe stomach pains and headaches, and back pain, then you need to do what you can to go see a healthcare provider. Those symptoms could be from any number of things, but if they're severe, you need to do your best to get them checked out ASAP. And if you are concerned about pregnancy -- though those symptoms are not at all likely to be related to a very early pregnancy.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curiousgeorgex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
from all that i have told you, what are my how high or low are my risks? my disharge is also thick one moment, then thin and watery the next. my mom also said my arola has gotten larger..so i dont know what that means.

--------------------
x3

Posts: 59 | From: FL | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't possibly tell you that because when someone gets their period doesn't tell me anything accurate about their fertility.

You used a condom, and here are the effectiveness rates for condoms: Condoms.

But really, very little of this is meaningful, because it's all about what you can or can't do know, and with things being "BAD" like you said, I would strongly advise you see a doctor, who can certainly include a pregnancy test in their exam, and, if they suspect that may be an issue, they most certainly would regardless.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curiousgeorgex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
according to my phone calandars,i wasnt ovulating or fertile. and i used a condom. if youre saying these symtomps arents pregnancy related, ok. i was just simply asking. it was in a yellow mustard trojan package. thats all the information i can give you.

--------------------
x3

Heather
Member # 3

Here's the thing: those tools based only on period dates are not very accurate. To accurately know when we are more or less fertile, we have to chart cervical mucus and/or basal temps daily, over time, and then learn to analyze them.

So, again, if all we know are your menstrual dates, I'm not comfortable making any estimates about your fertility. And, once more, it wouldn't be useful anyway, since NOW, after sex has been something you chose to do, all that's left to do is to manage the situation at hand. And since that situation includes pain you are saying is severe, seeing a healthcare provider ASAP would be the only responsible thing to advise you to do.

[ 06-21-2012, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

the stomach thing was my bowels backed up. ive poooped more latley and i feel so much better. lol. headaches went away. what does clear watery discharge mean? cause im suppposed to start either yesterday or today.

--------------------
x3

Heather
Member # 3

Have you ever read through this one: Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

yes.

--------------------
x3

Heather
Member # 3

Okay, so what's clear discharge usually about? [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.