Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Not sure what to think..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not sure what to think..
lovepink888
Activist
Member # 95931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovepink888     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I know that i can't be pregnant because when I asked you guys in a previous post if there was a risk with my situation and you all said no because there was no direct genital contact and because there was only precum thru my boyfriends boxers and shorts my period is due on the 9th or 10th of this month and I am having sore breast i think because of my bra with underwire which i usually have around this time but I feel like i'm bloated and i feel like my stomach has gotten bigger, which may be due to my lack of working out lately. Is there anything I should be worried about at this point health wise?
Posts: 86 | From: Fiji | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi lovepink888. If you are worried that any of these are symptoms of pregnancy, you can put your mind at rest. The first symptom of pregnancy is a missed period. Sore breasts and feeling bloated show up much later on in a pregnancy -- if they even show up at all -- and can happen for all sorts of reasons other than pregnancy. For example, sore breasts and feeling bloated are also symptoms of your menstrual period, and as you said, sore breasts is a symptom that is typical for you. So that is probably all it is [Smile] If your pain is worse than usual, or if it continues for longer, you can check in with a doctor just to make sure everything's a-okay. But other than that, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Have you seen this article yet?
Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Breast tenderness (including soreness) and being bloated are common pre-menstrual symptoms, so it's likely to be your period on it's way.

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovepink888
Activist
Member # 95931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovepink888     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you both so much!! If my period doesn't come on time I shouldn't be worried either?
Posts: 86 | From: Fiji | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You haven't had a pregnancy risk.

I feel a bit iffy answering questions like 'I shouldn't be worried either?' because I can't tell you how to feel. What I can do, though, is give you the facts. [Smile]

Not all menstrual cycles are the same length, and they typically vary anywhere from 24-36 days in length. This means that sometimes, people think they're late when they're not.

However, they can also be actually late or missed for many reasons, and here's some more on that: Dude, Where's my Period?

[ 06-07-2012, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Rei ]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovepink888
Activist
Member # 95931

Thanks again [Smile]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.