Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Some Clarifcation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Some Clarifcation
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in a bit of a predicament right now. I really, don't want to sound all sex and sex and more sex, it's not about intercourse.

Okay, well last Tuesday one of my guy friends came over and he tried to seduce me, I declined. He tried so hard to get me in a certain state or something to make his move. He was in my room for less than 5mins and he said something, didn't know what he had said, next thing I know he covered his crotch area. I had asked if he like peed or something. He seemed like embarrassed that he had gotten a boner. From there, he tried to get me closer to him, he wanted me to get closer to him. Then, we hugged, and he tried to kiss me, I saw it before anything else, I moved my head down and told him, I didn't want to. He told me a huge lie to me that all he wanted to do is to kiss me. He left due to his parents set a curfew and he had to leave. I felt relived that he left.

Okay, I didn't do anything, 1 I don't want sex with him, 2 I'm not on any form of birth control at all I do have condoms but still, 3 my one guy friend is coming down next week on my birthday and I'd rather spend time with him (not sex).

Here is the predicament I am in, he is coming down next week for a few days, both him and I have talked about sexual activity. I told him he is to sleep on the floor, no sex, and that he will be alone for 6 hours due to I am gone to my co-op placement. Well we have both talked about foreplay, but if we're doing foreplay why would he be sleeping on my floor? I just can't sleep well if someone else is in the bed with me, I can sleep with a mount of crap on my bed (clothes, pillows, stuffed animals, etc.)

I just have no idea, I'm not going to engage in intercourse or anything, but in sexual activity. I'm actually tired of sex, coming from a 18 (almost 19) year old. That evening when my friend had came, I wasn't thinking about sex at all, I just wanted to hang out and have a good time. Guess not. The whole hour was hell, I felt weird and all I sensed was he wanted sex, just the way he was saying things and asking me to sit with him on the bed.

I have no idea what I am even asking here.

Well, I have a few questions about foreplay, just to make sure I am understanding.

Lets say myself and partner one of us has underwear on and the other doesn't and either my vagina and his penis are rubbing there, that isn't a pregnancy risk because of the layer of clothing? Also, may sound stupid, but I have lace thongs, they have like holes there, it's not like a hole it's like filled in with some clear material, is that a pregnancy risk?

I don't want to offend anyone but, when I gave my first blowjob to a guy, his hmm, ejaculate tasted horrifying, why is that? Why does it taste funny, like this bitter sour taste? Since then I refuse to give a guy a blowjob only with a condom on. I know it's good to have one on so your not at risk of STI's.

Thank You

Posts: 517 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Alergnon,

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I hear you saying that you're really clear on your own sexual boundaries, but are having trouble figuring out how to negotiate them with guy friends. It sounds like while you might be interested in some sexual activity, you're more interested in spending casual fun time with your guy friends than in engaging in sexual activity with them.

Its totally okay for you to not want the guy who's going to visit to be sleeping in your bed, regardless of what sexual activity you do or do not decide to engage in with him. Lots of long-term couples don't even sleep in the same bed because they just sleep better alone. [Smile]

IN answer to your questions: One layer of fabric between genitals is enough to make contact not a pregnancy risk, though thongs are a bit trickier since they can move around more easily leading to possible bare genital contact which is a pregnancy risk. If you're going to be dry humping, I would suggest keeping another layer of clothing between you besides the thong, just to be extra careful.

IN answer to your question about the taste of semen, there is quite a bit of acid in semen that can make it taste the way you describe. Here's a link with more info about semen composition, if you're curious:
http://menshealth.about.com/cs/stds/a/about_semen.htm
Using condoms is an excellent way to protect yourself from STI transmission while engaging in oral sex. You're doing something good for yourself in only wanting to do it with condoms, which is, if I understand correctly, what you're saying. [Smile]

Does this answer your questions?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read the link you have given me, didn't know it contained that stuff in the semen.

Makes sense about the thong not having a lot of fabric because it moves around a lot and easier.

So far some of my questions are answered, just want to be aware that's all.

Posts: 517 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] Being aware is good.

Let us know if you have any more questions or would like to talk through this stuff some more. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.