Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Unsure!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unsure!
Shontelle
Neophyte
Member # 95657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shontelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope i'm putting this question in the correct area...

So, the person I am with, on last Saturday night went into me, without a condom, just to see if he could get in. I'm in AP Bio and Anatomy and we just learned all about pre-ejaculation and how it can still cause pregnancies 'n' such. I'm now freaking out on whether or not he pre ejaculated before he went in me-which only lasted 30 seconds or so; at the moment it totally escaped me of that risk and i'm wondering if the chances of me getting pregnant are high? I ended my period that day as well (Day 8) so, that might play into the chances. And also, when is the earliest i can take a pregnancy test? I heard from a friend that i should take one a week after.

Thanks!

Posts: 3 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anytime there is unprotected contact between a penis and a vulva, there is a chance of pregnancy. Since your partner did not ejaculate, then that risk is low, but there is still a risk. If you'd like, since this just happened on Saturday, you still have a little bit of time (depending when on Saturday this took place, maybe 24 hours at the most) to get emergency contraception to reduce your risk.

The earliest you can take a test is around 14 days (two weeks) after a risk, or the day you expect your period, whichever comes sooner. A week is too soon to test.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shontelle
Neophyte
Member # 95657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shontelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been 6 days since the interaction, i thought most emergency contraceptions only work within the first 6 hours. And thank you, i will definitely be sure to check it.
Posts: 3 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Emergency contraception works up to 120 hours after a pregnancy risk.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shontelle
Neophyte
Member # 95657

Oh, well that's spiffy to know!! I think i shall go invest some time in searching for some of them tonight and pick some up!! Thankyou!
Elizzy319
Neophyte
Member # 95748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elizzy319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question that's a little different but still about sex sOkay so I'm 14 and my boyfriend is 15 and we have been dating for 8 months and we were doing things and he wanted to try and go all the way so he got inside a little and I made him stop it hurt so bad. Does that mean I'm not a virgin? And if he had precummed bc of things we did before did this so I don't think I could be pregnant but what are the odds ?

--------------------
Idk

Posts: 3 | From: Ohio | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Elizzy, in the future, can you please start your own topic if you've got a separate question? That way it is easier for us to get back to you. You can do that by clicking the "new topic" button in the right hand corner of any page on the boards.

As for pregnancy, there is a risk of pregnancy any time that there is direct contact between a vulva and a penis, which there was in this case. Can you please read this?
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/006958.html

Re virginity: it's really up to you whether you consider yourself a virgin now or not. There is no medical, scientific or otherwise measurable definition of what it means to be a virgin. Virginity isn't an actual thing, it's just a cultural idea, and so you get to decide whether you are one still or not.

Also, if you're finding what you were doing uncomfortable, know that using plenty of lube and ensuring that you're aroused before and during intercourse can make it feel better. Also, not feeling good about partaking in any kind of sex can also play a part in whether sex feels good or uncomfortable. We can talk about any of that stuff if you like.

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 864 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.