Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » A couple questions about breaking the hymen (kinda graphic)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A couple questions about breaking the hymen (kinda graphic)
Nymeriailovebooks666
Neophyte
Member # 95644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nymeriailovebooks666     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So recently I lost my virginity to one of my guy friends, and it hurt a lot, but there was no blood or anything and afterwards I wasn't sore. Then about 2 weeks later I slept with another guy and he was fingering me (painfully but I didn't tell him so) and when he put 3 fingers in, the pain was blinding for a bit before he took them out, then after when we had sex it was more painful than the previous time. Also, later in the bathroom I found out I was bleeding. The first guy was really huge, so he couldn't really fit that well, and the second guy was about as wide but shorter. So is it possible to to not break the hymen until the second time? And is it going to continue hurting so much after this? Last question: before breaking the hymen, is it supposed to be very, very painful and feel like you desperately have to pee even though you know you don't? Because that's how it felt both times, just worse the second time.
Posts: 1 | From: Arizona | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hymens don't actually usually break at all, sparing genital injury or sexual assault (especially when someone is a child). Instead, what they usually do, with or without intercourse, is gradually wear mostly away over time.

The pain and bleeding you experienced probably had less to do with the hymen (if they did at all) as they did with doing things that were painful for you, yet continuing, not adding lube, not slowing down, not communicating you were in pain so your partner knew to change up or stop what he was doing. Any of that can cause abrasions of the vaginal opening or canal, which can cause bleeding.

Here's some information for you to start with on the hymen: My Corona: The Anatomy Formerly Known as the Hymen & the Myths That Surround It

And here's a good starter place to address pain with intercourse and why it usually happens (plus how to avoid it, because no, sex doesn't have to hurt and shouldn't if that's not something you want): From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.