Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » first time...scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: first time...scared
24Brown
Neophyte
Member # 93250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 24Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I had sex with my boyfriend for the first time last night. I'm not on birth control and he had a condom on the whole time he had his penis inside of me so I'm not too worried.
But it being my first time, I am worried. His penis only went in a lil bit, not too far because it hurt. Then I was on top of him and him on top of me, and we rubbed his penis on my area. He had a condom on the whole entire time there was gential contact. He never ejactulated either. After we were done messing around I went pee and wiped myself with a wipe down there to make sure it was clean.
These actions happened on April 7th. I'm supposed to start my period on April 14th. I chart my cycles and according to them, I ovulated on March 29th. So I should be pretty safe shouldn't I?
Sorry I'm just really worried because it was my first time and all. I dont think there would be a pregnancy risk because we used the condom correctly. I'm just scared.
Plus is it normal for it to hurt down there? Like feel sore?
I just need some reassurance...thanks

Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you used your condom properly, so any risks of pregnancy would have been greatly reduced. Condoms are 98% effective when used properly.

Soreness can certainly happen after vaginal intercourse any time, but if and when -- the 1st time or 301st -- someone isn't as aroused as they could be, lubricated enough, or was feeling anxious (pretty darn common with first-times), it's much more likely to happen.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just thought that I'd note, if you're making the assumption about when you ovulated based on averages about women ovulate, rather than based on charting temperatures and stuff like that, you can't really know when you were ovulating. (But like Heather said, you used condoms properly, so your risk is minimal at best anyway).

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 864 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DomiMatrix
Neophyte
Member # 95516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DomiMatrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ovulation estimates are based on perfect cycles. Not many women have perfect cycles, especially younger women in their teens and twenties.

Unless your period comes at the exact same time every month and always lasts for the same number of days without the assistance of hormonal birth control, it's safe to assume that you probably don't have a perfect cycle.

So even though you've estimated that you should have been ovulating around that time, you may not have been. The only way to know without a doubt that you were is if you took a home ovulation test.

That aside, if you used a condom the whole time your genitals were in contact, your risk of pregnancy is astronomically small.

A lot of people (myself included) have these irrational worries after sexual activity. I used to have them a lot when I first started having sex, but it's been a number of years and I'm more comfortable with myself, my partner, my cycle and my birth control.

With time and the continual use of safe practices, you won't get so worried and caught up in the "what if's" every time you have sex.

But it is good that you're familiar with your cycle and you track it every month. That way, you'll know if you're ever late.

There's no need to worry unless you're a week or more late. At that point you could take a home pregnancy test and/or see your doctor to get some answers.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.