Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » opened condom package

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: opened condom package
backtoblack
Neophyte
Member # 95536

Icon 11 posted      Profile for backtoblack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So my boyfriend and I used all of our condoms and he had one more that had been torn opened and the lubrication of the condom had gotten all in his bag. Even though there was no holes poked through the condom, was it still safe to use?

Also, is it okay to reuse a condom?

[ 04-12-2012, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: backtoblack ]

Posts: 1 | From: texas | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is never a good idea to use a condom when the package has been damaged in any way. Part of using a condom correctly is making sure that they are not expired, and that the packaging is not damaged. That is the only way you can be sure that the condom will do its job.

It is also not a good idea to reuse condoms. Again, part of having the full protection of a condom is using it in the manner they are designed for. They are designed to be used once, so on the second go 'round, you have a much higher risk of condom failure.

But condoms are super easy to get your hands on, and if you order them online or get free samples from places such as clinics, they also won't break the bank. So, there is really no reason to use damaged condoms.

[ 04-12-2012, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.