Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Diarrhea on pill- unprotected sex- pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Diarrhea on pill- unprotected sex- pregnant?
WorriedGirl11
Activist
Member # 95437

Icon 9 posted      Profile for WorriedGirl11         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. I'd love if this could be answered quickly.

Basically, I woke up one morning with diarrhea- happened twice in the morning, then I took my pill at half 12 and did not go to the toilet for the rest of the day. I think it had settled down by the evening because I had unprotected sex. I got sick twice later in the pack and took an extra pill each of those days, but forgot to the day I had the diarrhea- now I'm on a new pack (Skipped sugar pills for the past few months due to vomiting but always took extra pills) and I'm 6 days in and have light bleeding- not heavy enough to get onto underwear, just onto tissue.

Possibility of pregnancy? And when can I take a test?

Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Scarleteen!

Being the diarrhea was in the morning not after you took your pill there's no risk there. Per the days you got sick, if the pill is taken a while before being sick then it'll already be in your system and there wouldn't even be a reason to take another. (For future ref too, this is protected sex not unprotected, because you ARE on the pill.). I'm not seeing a risk in what you described, but given you started your new pack if you want to test to be sure you can do that now and it'll be accurate.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WorriedGirl11
Activist
Member # 95437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WorriedGirl11         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you!

My problem was I was worried because I didn't go to the bathroom later in the day- I was in college, at a friend's, etc, and felt uncomfortable- so I didn't know if I still had the diarrhea and therefore didn't know if it affected the absorption of the pill.

I thought after I should've referred to it as protected but I called it unprotected as I usually also use a barrier method- I have a lot of anxiety and stress problems so I'll be sticking to two methods from now on!

I took the pill about 2 & 3/4 hours before I got sick one of the days, and as it said 3-4 hours in the leaflet took another- but now this means I'll have 2/3 less active pills at the end of this cycle. Is there a way for me to get a reserve strip? Do I ask in the pharmacy, or at a doctors?

And as for the bleeding- I remembered this morning that I had the same last month only less brown/red and more pink, and it had been why I had taken a HPT last month. So if it isn't pregnancy- which, thanks to you, I highly doubt but I will rule out soon- could it be because I use a continous cycle and skip sugar pills? I have anaemia and being on the 4 placebo pills makes me very lightheaded, and weak, to a point where I can't climb the stairs so it isn't a fun experience for me and college is a 20 min walk away up a big hill- I wouldn't make it! Any ideas whether it could be due to skipping or something else? I've only had one sexual partner and he's always used a barrier method in the past- I'm the first he's had sex without a barrier method with- so I don't think STI's are a runner here.

Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just letting you know per the STIs - even when using a barrier method you still want to just be on the safe side and get tested with any partners you have. Per taking the pills straight through without the placebo week, so long as that's what your doctor has you doing that's fine. If they don't know you need to talk with them about that.

At over 2 hours your pills would already be in your system, so there wouldn't be a worry there really, or a need for another pill. But the bleeding, there's really no way of us knowing what it's from - could certainly be from taking more than one pill a day, but best thing to do when you're unsure is talk with your doctor and have them check things out. Also, about the extra strip I'd talk with your doctor first, as the pharmacy may not be able to give you any depending on your insurance.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.