Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Need some feedback . Help !?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need some feedback . Help !?
shes_cool
Neophyte
Member # 95381

Icon 4 posted      Profile for shes_cool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So yesterday I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend for the very first time . I think i should add that i was a virgin up until that point . He bareley got in because I was so tight and he didnt even ejaculate, but i am still worried on pregnancy and STD's ? what should I do ? [Confused]

--------------------
trish

Posts: 5 | From: Virginia | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well having been a virgin up until that point has no influence on whether or not the sex you had posed a pregnancy risk. Have you had a chance to read this (Afraid you might be Pregnant? Read this first) yet? That will explain your risk. But yes, if you had intercourse, there is a risk of pregnancy. Since there was no ejaculation, the risk is the same as using the withdrawal method. The withdrawal method is 96% effective with perfect use, and 73 to 82 % effective with typical use.

If you're not comfortable with that risk, you have the option of taking the morning after pill.

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 864 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey shes_cool,

It's still less than 120 hours (five days) since the risk. Emergency contraception can be used to reduce the risk of pregnancy by 75-95%. The sooner it's used, the more effective it is, so it's best to take it as soon as possible. You can get emergency contraception from a healthcare provider, pharmacy, emergency room or health clinic. Depending on your age and location, you may need a prescription, but those over 17 in most countries can purchase it over-the-counter from a pharmacist. To find EC near you, click here.

Here's some more info for you:

Emergency Contraception

As Moonlight covered, it sounds like a low risk you had here - you were still 96% protected against pregnancy. As for STIs; it's always a sound idea to fully tested, and good places for that are public health clinics, sexual health clinics or a Planned Parenthood.

If you'd like to post you zip code (or email it to me at raeATscarleteenDOTcom) I can see if there's somewhere that tests near you. Hang in there! [Smile]

[ 03-25-2012, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Saffron Reimi ]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.