Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » This excessive discharge is VERY annoying... help?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This excessive discharge is VERY annoying... help?
Cati
Neophyte
Member # 49875

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Cati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm a 20 yr-old woman and I have this situation...

I read this article:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/body/honorably_discharged_a_guide_to_vaginal_secretions

And according to this, a discharge that is NOT normal can be be very watery, or consistently profuse.

And that's exactly my case. But this only happens when I'm near orgasm while on top, and it's like I spilled half a glass of water all over my boyfriend, and it runs all the way down to my ankles when I stand up. He thinks is female ejaculation, but I doubt it.

In the forums I read, women had this problem during any time of the day (which is not my case).

Anyway, I been suspecting an infection since I read that article, but thruthfully I don't feel any discomfort besides the fact that the sheets are getting really wet, and the movement is making splattery noises. This has happened about 5 times since February, and the last 3 in the past few weeks.

... Advice, please? Is this rather common?

[ 05-13-2012, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Cati ]

Posts: 27 | From: Chile | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like your boyfriend might be right about this; it does sound like it could be female ejaculation. What is it that makes you think it's an infection instead?

Here's a good article with more information on female ejaculation:
Squirt: On Female Ejaculation

Also, are you up to date with regular STI screenings?

[ 05-13-2012, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: Onionpie ]

Posts: 1182 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cati
Neophyte
Member # 49875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Basically just the fact that is is just SO watery and very profouse xD
It's odorless, colorless, I don't even know how a female ejaculation might look like, or feel like. I don't really notice this happening until he tells me water's running through his thighs, haha...

EDIT: Oh, on the STI issue, I'm not sure. I don't think I have had any screenings, last January I had recurrent vaginal infections and had, among a lot of other things, a test for gohnorrea, but I don't remember seeing those results.

[ 05-13-2012, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: Cati ]

Posts: 27 | From: Chile | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Cati. Did you read the article I linked? It will give you a lot of the information you need on female ejaculation. Female ejaculation is indeed very watery and can be in quite large quantities. It is also odourless and colourless. So it's definitely sounding like that's what this is.

For the STI testings, a test for gonorrhea is good but it isn't a complete screening, so you'll want to get one done ASAP, as regular screening is an important part of sexual healthcare. You should get screened about once a year, and any time you have a new sexual partner. You can go into a clinic, or ask your doctor or gynecologist to give you a full STI screening. This will include a pap smear, urine test, and blood test.

Posts: 1182 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cati
Neophyte
Member # 49875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I WILL get a screening, I haven't because I've only had one partner (and I'm his first partner too) and when I went to get the pap smear the gynecologist told me she couldn't do that until my infection was gone, thanks for the advice and reminder [Smile]

Well, I read the article, and it seems very much like my case except for the "feels like urinating" and "some women hold it back" bit. I don't really feel ANYHTING when it happens, but to be honest the first time it happened I blamed my full bladder (being squished) and felt very embarassed because I thought I peed myself without noticing it. I have been very careful to pee before sex ever since xD

Oh hey, also a reason I'm doubting if it's an infection or not is that I don't know if it comes out from my urethra. I *think* it's just coming out of my vagina, but I don't have a way to be sure about this...

It's kind of annoying, because it happens before the orgasm and I usually have to stop, because it gets uncomfortable with all the "water", and I've never had an orgasm! I really want to go further...

[ 05-13-2012, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Cati ]

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Well, any sexual sensation/experience (or any sensation full stop, for that matter) varies from person to person. So while it usually feels like urinating, just because it doesn't feel like that for you doesn't mean that's not what this is. All the other signs point to it being female ejaculation.

You could put a towel down on the bed before you start having sex? Since the ejaculate is odourless and colourless, staining shouldn't be too much of a worry, and it will help keep your sheets dry and hopefully make you more comfortable.

Have you tried other positions during intercourse and other kinds of sex for reaching orgasm? About 70% of women don't actually ever reach orgasm with intercourse alone, and as you are already aware, ejaculation and orgasm aren't one and the same. So you could still find ways of orgasming other than the specific position that also makes you ejaculate if it's just too uncomfortable for you.

Cati
Neophyte
Member # 49875

I actually had to put a towel last night xD! Well, I guess I'll just treat is as a normal event unless proven wrong by my gynecologist.

And yes, whenever this happens I usually switch to a less... squirting position. Through the year I've been sexually active I've changed my favorite position a lot, and right now on top is what feels more intense. But hey, if it's not an infection I can just relax about it.

Thanks, this has been very useful [Smile]

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Yep, I think that'll be your best bet for this; just relaxing and going with the flow (no pun intended). It's just another sexual response/experience/uniqueness to take into consideration just like all the others people have, hopefully it won't cause too much of an inconvenience for you [Smile] If it is your favourite position, then why let a little mess ruin all the fun [Razz] Glad I could be of help!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.