Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Paranoid...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paranoid...
SilverDragon
Neophyte
Member # 70428

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverDragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys.

Im sure im just being paranoid, but I want to ask just incase...

Me and my boyfriend had sex yesterday afternoon and he thinks he may have came in me slightly as when he pulled out there wasn't alot of 'come' He wasn't 100% on that though.

I am on dianette the contraceptive and take them at pretty much the same time every moring (Varies some days, but no more than an hour)

Anyway, this morning I felt a little ill and my tummy been feeling odd all day O_o I've been to the loo about four times from 7-12 which is odd for me and I was poop'ing rather than pee'ing.

My period isn't due for about another 15 days however but this is really worrying me O_o

How early can I take a pregnancy test? What are the chances of me actually being pregnant?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Silv x

EDIT: Just to add to this. Both of us are clean for STD's. I've been having blood tests every month for the last three months for a virus i had so if I had anything it woulda shown up. Also did a Clymdia test a while back too.

[ 11-28-2011, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: SilverDragon ]

Posts: 6 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The chances of you being pregnant now from intercourse yesterday are absolutely nil: pregnancy takes around a week to occur, when it does. It can't happen in one day.

So, whatever you're feeling is something you can be certain isn't from a pregnancy that resulted from intercourse yesterday. It sounds more likely you've got some kind of a stomach bug.

But if and when you want to take a test, to take one when you will get accurate results, you'll need to wait until your withdrawal bleed is late or missed or it has been at least two weeks since intercourse, whichever comes first.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oops, wrong place.

[ 11-28-2011, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: RaeRay2112 ]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilverDragon
Neophyte
Member # 70428

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverDragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. I think it's paranoia causing the tummy upset. I think to put my mind at rest, it will be a test. My periods arn't the most reliable. So, the test will probably be the best bet. Thanks for the advice.
Posts: 6 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stress and worry about potential pregnancy can certainly cause stomach upset.

If using the pill with withdrawal has you feeling worried, have you talked with your partner about using a more reliable second method instead, like condoms? Or even just about using withdrawal properly, which includes always withdrawing WELL before ejaculation, not right before or at the time?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilverDragon
Neophyte
Member # 70428

Neither of us particularly like condoms so thats why we don't use those. I think the other day, as we hadn't done it for a while he left it a tad too late. I know thats very irresponsible of us. And this has taught us both a lesson in that respect.

Im goign to do a test in a couple of weeks time.

Is there a chance do you think? We're only about 5% he came inside me and im on the pill so that reduces the risk. But yes... I guess we'll have to see.

Heather
Member # 3

Since you are using your pills properly, the risk is most likely very low. The pill is over 99% effective in perfect use, and 92% effective in typical use, so figure that the lowest level of protection you have in a year is likely that 92%.

And always happy to talk with you about how to use condoms so they feel good if you want a backup method more foolproof than withdrawal.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

SilverDragon
Neophyte
Member # 70428

Thanks. Just seeing someone saying that has helped. I bought a test to do, so going to do that when the time comes.

Ok. Last time we tried with condoms though it felt very uncomfortable for me and my boyfriend is somewhat larger than most guys so he finds them a little uncomfortable too.

Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Per your boyfriend, has he tried different sizes of condoms as well? There's a ton of different condom types, and sizes vary within them. As well, sometimes different brands using the same size you'll find one kind is more comfortable.

Another part of comfort with condoms comes in using a good water-based lubricant. A couple of drops inside the condom can help make sex with condoms feel better for him, and using some on the outside makes using condoms feel better for you.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.