Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Itch... Help??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Itch... Help??
Denncat
Neophyte
Member # 95035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Denncat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have this really annoying itch that won't go away. There isnt any unusual discharge. It itches mostly aroundy clitoris and near the opening of mu vagina. At first I thought it was a yeast infection so I got the Monistat 1 day. But I was still itchy. My cousin took me to planed parenthood to get an std test. All four came back negative. I told her about my itch and she said to use the Monistat 7 day. I used it and it still didn't help. I'm going crazy. I'm afraid to talk to my mom and afraid to go to the doctor. Idk what to do. Please help?!?!
Posts: 5 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did the person at Planned Parenthood examine you?

Can you tell me a bit more about why you're afraid to talk to your Mom or go to the doctor?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Denncat
Neophyte
Member # 95035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Denncat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She just took my blood and urine.I'm afraid to tell my mom Cuz I have been sexually active. She knows about the one guy but not about the other one... And I don't want to have to explain it to her and have her freak out on me. I'm afraid to go to the doctors because Im just afraid of whats going on. I know I need to go. I wanted to go by myself but I cant get my insurance info from my mom and I can't pay a lot of money... It's confusing I know
Posts: 5 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Planned Parenthood uses a sliding scale based on your income. Why don't you just start by calling them back, letting them know what they suggested did not work, and you still have symptoms, and see what they say?

(Just so you know, it may be that you still only heave a yeast infection, but that that course of treatment wasn't the right one for you, that's all.)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Denncat
Neophyte
Member # 95035

Well I had them before and the one day treatment helped.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But it won't always. Not every infection -- even with yeast infections -- is the same. Plus, if you find you're getting them often, there may be something else going on, or you may need to try a different approach.

Either way, I think it's clear you need to see a healthcare provider about this. You can do that with or without telling your Mom, or, if you ask your Mom for help, you can do that without disclosing your sexual activity. But no matter how you do it, you'll want to figure out some way to get seen soon.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Denncat
Neophyte
Member # 95035

Yes I know. It's embarrassing and it really sucks. I have a feeling I have to discuss this with her

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.