Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Did I just have an orgasm?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Did I just have an orgasm?
heartsoftheinnocent
Neophyte
Member # 83124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heartsoftheinnocent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was fingering my clit and to me, it felt really intense. So much so that my legs started to shake and I started to feel tense. Did I have one or was I pretty close?

Also, is it normal for the eyes to cross while having sex?

Posts: 1 | From: Oklahoma City | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We can't ever tell someone if they experienced orgasm or not. That's just not something we can know.

But certainly, you are describing some things that make it seem very likely.

Orgasm is a neurological event: it's not about genitals, it's about our nervous systems. So, having our nervous system react is certainly normal, and that can include things like impact to the nerves of the eyes.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tobias12
Neophyte
Member # 86479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tobias12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when you have one, at least for me, being a guy, it was quite intense. to the point that i was overwhelmed. also, correct me if im wrong, but i think you kind of feel "done" after you climax. please correct me if im wrong and this doesnt apply to girls
Posts: 4 | From: virginia | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tobias: that's not really about guy/girl differences. Sometimes, when people orgasm, they feel "done." Sometimes they don't. And that varies from person-to-person and experience-to-experience. It's not really about gender or body parts.

As well, orgasm can range in intensity for people and tends to throughout life. It's very unusual for every orgasm to feel very intense for a person for the whole of their life. What's more common is for there to be a range: where sometimes it feels really intense, while other times it can be more, "That was nice, but whatever."

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.