Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Nodule underneath labia majora

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nodule underneath labia majora
Member # 66126

Icon 8 posted      Profile for emmk8813     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, I'm a little stumped and have done my research, but the little nagging voice in my head keeps me worrying.

I have been with my current boyfriend for 7 months now and up until I met him I hadn't had sex for 3 months prior till I met him. When we started to get serious I felt comfortable using condoms until I got a check up and clean record and plus my pap was due soon. I did the whole STI/STD check (hep B, syphilis, genital warts, HIV, etc) plus my cervical check a month and a half into my new relationship. The results came back 3 days later everything clear/negative/good to go. So, we switched to not using condoms anymore.

For some reason last night, before I went to bed I felt a bump on the further down left side of my labia major (underneath the skin) right along my pubic hair area by accident and it wasn't painful. Instincts kicked in an I immediately tried popping and the only thing I had managed to get was a greasy substance, but once it wasn't painful, it had become extremely painful and felt even bigger in diameter underneath the skin. I gave up frustrated and anxious and went to bed.

This morning I checked and "nodule" for lack of a better word had decreased in size tremendously, still painful but only to the touch. When I checked in a mirror I could hardly see anything on the outside surface. All of my research has convinced me it could be a cysts of some kind, but I am still afraid it could be genital warts or syphilis.

I checked with my boyfriend and he keeps tabs on his sexual health as much as I do.

I guess what I'm asking, am I overwhelmed because society puts such weight behind STDs that even when we do the research and logically can come up with conclusions that don't put to and STD we come to believe it can be an STD anyway? Are my symptoms typical of an STD?

Posts: 2 | From: USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trying to self-diagnose like this just isn't sound. same with trying to use Dr. Google to figure out what this is.

My best advice is for you to see your sexual healthcare provider. I'd say that's important both because HPV is possible (and not something your partner can be tested for), even though what you're describing doesn't sound like a genital wart. However, even if it was a cyst, which sounds more likely, squeezing it like that could create an infection, so you'll want to get that checked out.

Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

  New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3