Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Um lacking pleasure on my end

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Um lacking pleasure on my end
Zeek Maxwell
Neophyte
Member # 75446

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Zeek Maxwell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had sex with my girlfriend twice and its felt good but I'm not really getting the enjoyment I expect. I don't even get to the point of ejaculating. Any ideas why?
Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What kind of kinds of sex are we talking about? Only one kind, or any kind?

Do you experience pleasure/enjoyment with masturbation? Do you reach orgasm that way?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeek Maxwell
Neophyte
Member # 75446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeek Maxwell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what exactly do you mean by what kind? and yes I get pleasure out of masturbating and its feels better if i masturbate.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are a lot of kinds of sex: What's Sex?

So, do you mean vaginal intercourse, oral sex, manual sex with her hands...?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeek Maxwell
Neophyte
Member # 75446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeek Maxwell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh ok, I mean vaginal intercourse
Heather
Member # 3

Gotcha. So, have you two explored other kinds of sex, and do those other kinds feel good to you?

Can you also give me a picture of what your expectations are of vaginal intercourse? You say you're not getting the enjoyment you expect, so it might help to know what those expectations are and where they're coming from.

Just so you know, as we talk about this, there is no one kind of sex everyone likes, no one kind of sex that 'works" for everyone or does all the time. Some kinds of sex feel great to some people, but "whatever" to others, or even bad to others. What we find we like and don't, what seems great and what seems boring, is often very individual and very situational (in other words, we can find something at one time of life, with one partner a bore, but later in life, with another partner, find it to be very different).

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Zeek Maxwell
Neophyte
Member # 75446

well we've done oral (she's only tried stroking me and it was alright, but no lube so only went so far). As far as expectations I expect some sort of...... I guess um excitement that everyone talks about after having sex. I'm not really sure I guess but I know my girlfriend is getting all excited and having fun while I'm feeling more like a motor just moving.
Heather
Member # 3

So, with the oral sex, has that felt good and near the kinds of expectations that you had?

With the intercourse, I do think we need to leave room for a learning curve. Two times is just sticking your toe into the water, so it's not likely that it is going to be the stuff of big awesome so soon. Mind, like I said, how much people like a given activity varies, so you'll find out in time where you are with this one. And if you do not want to do it anymore now because you just are not into it, it's also okay to nix it after only two times or even just one.

But if you want to keep exploring this, like with anything else, you'll need to really explore it, trying new ways of moving, new speeds, new depths, different positioning, asking your partner for things that feel good: all to learn what might feel good for you and what doesn't. Do you feel like you two are close enough to be able to have that kind of communication during sex and to experiment like that?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Zeek Maxwell
Neophyte
Member # 75446

yea oral has been great I didn't really know what expectations to have I just thought that it would feel really good. I understand two times isnt enough to get everything so I'll see where it goes. And yeah Me and my girlfriend are close enough to communicate during sex and I could ask to experiment with different ways. I just wasn't getting why she was getting such a rise and enjoyment, but I guess it depends on the person.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.